Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2019 5:35 am  #1

My Flag Counter Disappeared From Qrz.com

My world-wide Flag Counter recently mysteriously disappeared from my qrz.com page (W0KSD).  Is there any way I can retrieve it?  I had both a world-wide flag counter and a Canadian province flag counter.  The Canadian province flag counter is still OK.  Thanks.

James Rybak  W0KSD

January 19, 2019 11:20 pm  #2

Re: My Flag Counter Disappeared From Qrz.com

Hi jrkbak,

I do see a counter on your site but it looks like it may have been reset for inactivity. Counters are removed from our service if they do not log a new visitor at least once every 30 days. This would have caused a new counter to be created when your code generated a new request after the 30 days.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

January 20, 2019 12:31 am  #3

Hi Jeremy,

OK, I understand the reason for it disappearing.  I've had to be off the air for the past 3 months.  Is there any way I can reset  my flag counter to get back the old counts?  I'm going to be back on the air regularly.

Thanks.

January 27, 2019 7:35 am  #4

jrybak wrote:

My world-wide Flag Counter recently mysteriously disappeared from my qrz.com page (W0KSD).  Is there any way I can retrieve it?  I had both a world-wide flag counter and a Canadian province flag counter.  The Canadian province flag counter is still OK.  Thanks.

James Rybak  W0KSD

If, for any reason you damage your qrz.com page, you can restore a working version. This is a very simple process:
All edits create 'versions' on the server. You can return to any previous version. While editing, you can see "XX previous versions are available ... Get Previous Version " .

February 8, 2019 5:02 pm  #5

Ask Vlad from QRZ. He is the one who does all the HTML and page fixing. He helped me a lot with getting my counters back working and reset. Plus after QRZ did their last update back of Mar. 2018 they messed up a lot of counters on pages. And to keep your flag counters from going into the dormant mode just go to www.uptrends.com/tools and do a speed test from another country and it will put a flag from where you are testing from. You will see on the section where you have to enter your link from qrz, for example: https://www.qrz.com/db/KC4V and then to the right of that you have to chose what country. They don't give you a lot of options but it will keep your Flag Counter from going inactive. And if for any reason it goes inactive after using this method then there is a different problem...Good luck with your counters.....KC4V

Board footera

Flag Counter