Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2011 5:45 pm  #1

Suggestion - Backup System

I think it would be a very useful feature and a very good idea if we could make backups of our counters or backups were automatically generated that we could switch our counters to at any time. This would be a very good idea in my opinion because say if something were to happen to the counter (an accidental proxy visitor, or an invasion of visitors such as the current "Tagged" ones, ETC) and the user didn't want to keep those visitors on their counter, the user would be able to continue using their counter without having these fake visitors shown. Just a suggestion, but I would really like to see this feature implemented.

June 6, 2011 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Suggestion - Backup System

Tagged visitors are not fake visitors. They are real people.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

June 6, 2011 7:21 pm  #3

By that I mean a situation just like this one, where 1fish-2fish didn't really want those visitors on his counter.

Last edited by Jeorge535 (June 6, 2011 7:29 pm)

June 7, 2011 4:49 am  #4

@Jeorge535: you can manage at the flag counter management section on which site(s) your flag counter is allowed to appear.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

June 8, 2011 7:14 am  #5

If you dont want visitors from a site, dont put your counter on it... really that simple.

June 8, 2011 8:51 pm  #6

roddersnavy wrote:

If you dont want visitors from a site, dont put your counter on it... really that simple.

right! only he`s saying if someone else put ur counter on soem site..

█████████http://www.last.fm/user/markmaierody2 █████████ 

June 8, 2011 9:10 pm  #7

http://s01.flagcounter.com/alloweddomains.jpg 

Last edited by Jeremy (June 8, 2011 9:10 pm)

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 11, 2011 7:18 am  #8

It's obvious right. Just bump those visitors you ain't like.... 

July 1, 2011 5:48 am  #9

zhujvnrou wrote:

if something were to happen to the counter (an accidental proxy visitor, or an invasion of visitors such as the current "Tagged" ones, ETC) and the user didn't want to keep those visitors on their counter, the user would be able to continue using their counter without having these fake visitors shown. Just a suggestion, but I would really like to see this feature implemented.

That feature is implemented. See Jeremy's post two posts above. You can limit the sites where the FC appears and avoid the misuse.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

July 1, 2011 2:06 pm  #10

@ Jens:   zhujvnrou simply repeated an earlier message - you can see by the "replica handbags" link that this is just a spam message!!
I have flagged it as such .... please ban them!

Board footera

Flag Counter