Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2011 3:40 pm  #1

Avoiding proxy cheat!

In order to avoid cheating by using proxies I've installed an application that only counts flesh and blood visitors to your site. This is the RevolverMaps, that you can find on my website, too.
You can get thousands of flags from a country by using proxies (whatever it means) but this application will only show you the REAL ones. It also counts the countries that have visited your website. I have 151 countries now, but I installed that only 3 months ago. If you want "fair play" and you want real friends, go for it! In the future I might even make a top30 list...
If you really want to make it challenging, create an own website, and don't rely on nameless visitors on community sites like lastfm.

Have a nice day everyone! 

June 6, 2011 11:12 am  #2

Re: Avoiding proxy cheat!

syrg wrote:

In order to avoid cheating by using proxies I've installed an application that only counts flesh and blood visitors to your site. This is the RevolverMaps, that you can find on my website, too.
You can get thousands of flags from a country by using proxies (whatever it means) but this application will only show you the REAL ones. It also counts the countries that have visited your website. I have 151 countries now, but I installed that only 3 months ago. If you want "fair play" and you want real friends, go for it! In the future I might even make a top30 list...
If you really want to make it challenging, create an own website, and don't rely on nameless visitors on community sites like lastfm.

Revolver will not show only the REAL ones. I just visited you from Paraguay, according to Revolver. Do you think I REALLY am in the Paraguay capital, Ascunsion ? 

June 6, 2011 11:21 am  #3

I guess it will be hard to find a way to count only real ones. Even if you employ a totally independent visitor tracking code on your site the way how Lorelei has visited you recently will not be detected. It will be counted as Paraguay.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

June 9, 2011 1:55 pm  #4

Lorelei wrote:

syrg wrote:

Revolver will not show only the REAL ones. I just visited you from Paraguay, according to Revolver. Do you think I REALLY am in the Paraguay capital, Ascunsion ? 

No, you're wrong Lorelei, and Jens, you only confirmed this mistake.
It was another acquaintance of mine from Paraguay on the same day in the very same hour and almost the very same minute. Your visit, however, Lorelei came from the area of Birmingham... Sorry, Lorelei, I wrote it here. If it's really your location I'll delete this post. I only wrote it here to let you know about this mistake. This system is unmistakable and IGNORES proxies totally. Clean, reliable and cheat-free system. I wish everyone used it beside FC. There people could show off with their flags! Revolver would tell everyone how many flesh and blood visitors have been there... Yet, the main idea is not to use the advantages of community websites or embedding your FC (if it at all possible) to countless places to "produce" visitors. The real McCoy is to have an own website with FC and Revolver and then we can talk about top lists...
Is anyone in it? 

June 9, 2011 2:16 pm  #5

No.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

June 9, 2011 2:44 pm  #6

You can do it your way - we will do it our way!

http://flagsofmine.blogspot.de/
251/251 countries
2.708/2.744 regions

June 9, 2011 5:19 pm  #7

Peter,
Believe me or not proxies cause a dot on your Revolvermap.
Important is that the proxy has accessed your site not your flag counter only. If the proxy access your site, you will get a dot from the proxy location.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

June 9, 2011 10:25 pm  #8

tYhJyYs wrote:

You can do it your way - we will do it our way!

Ha-ha-ha

Who will give me St Martin. Then i will try for a new flag 

June 10, 2011 9:18 am  #9

what is the problem here? ;) some of us are with 100-500.000 visits per day, some with 50-100.000, a good part with 10-50.000 and 1000-10.000 per day and some there are with 10 visits per day but what is the problem? all this is ok. FC ist not a game and i never saw ranking of "how many visitors you have" everyone use his counter with visits from anywhere, some of us are with types of homepages which recieve many realvisitors, some are in forum and recieve visits over there profils there and somebody are also using proxies. all this i think is ok. i saw your homepage and the kind of homepage is private. i think there are also some proxyvisits there not everyday are visits from africa on a private homepage ;) i can give you a tip: use better this forum for visits. i do that everyday in the morning 10 minutes and finaly all are with more visits. you can visit me everyday and i visit you back. 7 visits more the week from spain or visit me several times by the day, i visit you several times back by the day. all is so easy

249/249 Countries/Domains and 1851 Flags collected.
www.europa-irc.de - www.europa-irc.eu 

April 12, 2017 4:02 pm  #10

In a nice and sweet tone, please don't take me wrong.

"This system is unmistakable and IGNORES proxies totally." 

Most certainly is the 1st system in word that is unmistakable, and ignoring proxies totally that's a very hard job. That's a huge battle on tracking link softwares vs automated bots and both ways are constantly upgrading and the battle never ceases.

"Clean, reliable and cheat-free system"

Good luck ! 

Have a great day
Laura

Board footera

Flag Counter