Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2010 3:57 am  #11

Re: This is one of the worst websites that spamers use personal info

Thank you for the quick action.

I would love for you to visit!
http://www.last.fm/user/Philaphanatic
Just the FC: http://s01.flagcounter.com/count/UspB/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=3/maxflags=250/viewers=Global+Visitors/labels=1/pageviews=1/
Stamp collecting... what a great way to learn about the world, its people, and its history!!!

November 21, 2010 2:01 pm  #12

After I received the same email, I looked up janetm in the member list.  He/she/or it had just joined the day before.  Today I looked it up and it was gone.  Apparently that person just joined to get the list.  I would suggest Flag Counter require a user to be registered for a time and show activity before being given access to the list.

November 21, 2010 2:06 pm  #13

It occurred to me.  The suffix of the email from "Janet Mola" was .in.  Maybe we've been too hasty.  Maybe she runs a telephone center in Bangalor and wants to outsource some aol work to less fortunate countries.

November 21, 2010 4:09 pm  #14

Apparently that person just joined to get the list.  I would suggest Flag Counter require a user to be registered for a time and show activity before being given access to the list.

good idea, phreedomphan!

the flag below my username is the flag of north rhine-westphalia, where i live

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nordsued399/5733856737/

November 22, 2010 6:50 pm  #15

I received that same message too. It was so obvious that it was sent by a bot, it was actually somewhat funny. It's most likely a bot, it doesn't look like a message written by a human being.

November 23, 2010 5:28 am  #16

Thanks Jeremy for banning Janet.  I received the same message too.  I'm glad i deleted that message right away.

Homer Castillo
www.StarEmissary.com

November 28, 2010 11:14 pm  #17

PhreedomPhan's idea is brilliant. I fully support it.
Sure, there are chances that people might spam the boards to get some posts, but with the admins approving whether new users are given access, I really think that these pointless e-mails will decrease significantly.

December 26, 2010 4:30 pm  #18

errm there's some 'simplebaby' lurking for quite some time now, wouldn't be surprised if it was another botgirl 

December 28, 2010 2:45 pm  #19

Here's another jerk who joins just to spam for a commercial outfit.  I will make up lies about louisvuitton-outlet products being of grossly inferior quality and their complaint department being very arrogant and unhelpful. It might be a good idea if everyone did this to discourage this lowlife activity.  I'd like to see it.

Last edited by PhreedomPhan (December 28, 2010 2:47 pm)

December 29, 2010 1:03 am  #20

Jeremy wrote:

This user has been banned.  Please let us know if you receive anything similar.

Jeremy is our hero!   

JaneDoeDoe
Sapphire Farms

Board footera

Flag Counter