Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2009 10:02 pm  #11

Re: A Hard challenge - The "flaggy" story

OK. If you don't know what this is about, read the first post on page 1 which explains how the game is played. It was developed by gui_augusto, so all credits to him 

My story has 12 flags. They can be of countries, islands, provinces, territories, states.
Again, bolded words are hints about flags. The story itself can be of great help, too
I've also added a few hints in the form of images. They are connected with that place/flag

"I departed at sunrise from the island Down Under. A deer let me ride it through the clouds - we headed towards the azimuth of 280 degrees & when we arrived, we gathered around the fire to rest. The night came in. Because the sky was cloudy, I had to go South to watch the stars & to the Heart of Asia to gaze at the moon.
A shock in the morning: birds of prey were about to eat me, when friendly islanders of the East saved me. I planned a little break on this yellowish beach to recover from the shock when a pleasant bird reminded me to move on - so I jumped on her wings and we flew to Europe. What a flight - black sky & lightnings around us.
As we landed - to my surprise - a leash of foxes fastened to a sled was waiting for me. Good I had compass on this journey up and down the terrain, but they wouldn't go into the jungle. "It's haunted", they said. I was on my own gazing through the forest when suddenly a spear hit my bag. I ran as fast as I could and jumped on a ship sailing down the river amidst the woods.
It took me east & I left the ship to catch an event in this yellow building. After the show I enjoyed some fruit trees on the island & departed to my final destination climbing the rock, shouting "I'M KING OF THE WORLD" upon reaching the summit.

Your task? Find me all 12 flags.
You cannot guess flag by flag, but all 12 at once.
When someone posts them, I will say how many are correct but won't reveal which ones, I will just say whether it's in the first half (first 6 flags) or in the 2nd half of guesses 

Another twist: if you count the nr. of bolded words you'll see there are 17. 5 are there just to distract you, to send you on the other side of the world 

Please start solving the riddle, if there's something you don't understand about the rules of the hints or anything else, ask  Good luck! I hope we make it in a week..

EDIT: I hope it's feasible..

Last edited by Notturno (October 4, 2009 10:48 pm)

October 5, 2009 12:48 am  #12

It will take a long time for any guess (including mine).

[url=last.fm/user/gui_augusto]My last.fm[/url]
My trilingual blog

October 5, 2009 3:41 pm  #13

Hint: First & last bolded words are real (not fake to distract you ).

October 6, 2009 4:48 pm  #14

Okay, here goes...
A few are just wild guesses, but let's see if any are correct.

Aboriginal Flag (sunrise)
Brazil (stars)
Buryatia, Russia (moon)
Canary Islands (islands)
Neufchâteau, Belgium (lightning)
Northwest Territories, Canada (fox)
Bonaire (compass)
Venezuela (spear)
Ecuador (ship)
Central African Republic (yellow)
Fiji (trees)
West Virginia (rock)

October 6, 2009 6:24 pm  #15

wow thanks so much for giving it a try smooch 

lemme check my notes..  you have 1 correct in the first half (but should come in the 2nd ) and 2 correct in the second half 

Where do Canary islands lie - and what does it say in the story? And are you sure that rock stands in West Virginia? 

thanks again, i'm so happy 

Last edited by Notturno (October 6, 2009 6:25 pm)

Board footera

Flag Counter