Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2010 7:10 pm  #1

flag counter on facebook - help needed

hi everyone i have made a fan page on facebook and i want to put a flag counter on it, i have seen it done on other fan pages on facebook but dont know how to do it myself, the only help the flag counter gives me is,

'Just copy and paste this to your site's source code wherever you'd like your flag counter to appear, or "Quick Post" the code to your favorite blog or social networking site'.

but i dont know how to do that any help will be much appreciated thanks

August 18, 2010 7:21 pm  #2

Re: flag counter on facebook - help needed

Facebook loads external images on profiles through a proxy.  Flag Counter won't work there, because your visitors will be counted as U.S., which is where the proxy is located.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

August 20, 2010 8:56 pm  #3

Jeremy,

Your reply is wrong. I have seen many Facebook Pages with fully working flag counters. I have been trying to figure out how its done for a while now. Be better if you didnt give out incorrect info since a lot of people have this same question.

FYI, I have asked these users how to do it, they all fail to give out the explanation.

August 20, 2010 9:52 pm  #4

Tell us how it's done or show us where, I'm here to help.  If it works, I've never seen it.  We get countless messages from users wanting to add Flag Counter to their Facebook, or wondering why their pages are only seeing US visitors at Facebook. If there's a way to successful do it, I'd be happy to let everyone know and update our FAQ.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

August 22, 2010 1:50 pm  #5

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/no911mosque

Facebook wont tell you how to use a non-facebook ap.   with 300,000,000 members on facebook, its a majority of your customers.  You made the program, if you don't know how it works then don't ask us.

August 22, 2010 2:06 pm  #6

dcharles63 wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/no911mosque

Facebook wont tell you how to use a non-facebook ap.   with 300,000,000 members on facebook, its a majority of your customers.  You made the program, if you don't know how it works then don't ask us.

I tried the link, but it didn`t register a Swedish flag, last visitor was a U.S. visitor from Indiana. Maybe the user of this client have the same FC on other sites as well.

August 22, 2010 9:37 pm  #7

dcharles63 wrote:

You made the program, if you don't know how it works then don't ask us.

This doesn't even dignify a response.

I'll just say we know exactly how our service works. 

It is impossible to make Flag Counter work with every site.  Some sites, intentionally prohibit services such as ours from being used.

If you're asking us to help you side step the prohibitions set in place by another provider.  We're not here to do that.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

August 22, 2010 9:38 pm  #8

In the case of Facebook, I've just become aware of a way to add Flag Counter to Pages, using FBML.

However, it appears boxes are "going away" on August 23rd, or tomorrow, so I'm not sure what the impact of that will be.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

August 22, 2010 10:11 pm  #9

Holy crap! Stop jumping down Jeremy's throat about this! I fail to see how it's his fault that Facebook uses a proxy. All visitors are listed as American, it's in no way, shape, or form, Jeremy's fault.

October 25, 2010 8:03 pm  #10

my flag counter not working since september, what is happening, can someone give me a proper response, others seem to be fine

Board footera

Flag Counter