Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2010 8:48 pm  #1

Bug in FAQ

There is a minor bug, or perhaps misleading information in the FAQ page which caused me a major amount of frustration.
I wanted to change the Visitors line.

FAQ describes:
    * viewers=0 This is the text label on top of your counter. "0" is the default, which will say "Visitors" on the top of your counter. "1" will say "Viewers" and "3" will remove the label entirely. Any other value which includes letters (a-z) or numbers (0-9) is acceptable, as well as plus signs (+) which are converted to spaces, exclamations (!), periods (.), and commas (,). For instance, if you'd like this to say "My Flag Counter!", you'd change this to be "viewers=My+Flag+Counter!".

Reflecting, it's technically correct, but it misled me and might have a similar effect of other users, reducing their satisfaction with FlagCounters.

The example:
For instance, if you'd like this to say "My Flag Counter!", you'd change this to be "viewers=My+Flag+Counter!".
I tried replacing viewers=0
with:
"viewers=My+Flag+Counter!".
viewers="My+Flag+Counter!".
After viewing source on Milinda's site I now realize it must be:
viewers=My+Flag+Counter! -----WITH NO QUOTE MARKS!

You might want to add a comment to that effect.
Thanks,
Bob

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
-- Sophia Loren (1934-  ) Italian Actress

The Individual is statistically insignificant;
Statistics is individually insignificant!
http://www.kncell.org
http://KnCell.org/blog

April 30, 2010 9:16 pm  #2

Re: Bug in FAQ

It's not a bug, quotation marks are used here to emphasize that the word refers to itself rather than its associated concept.
Besides, have you ever seen an URL having " " quotation marks in them - www."google".com -

Last edited by jojobaby (April 30, 2010 9:18 pm)

May 1, 2010 4:29 am  #3

Thanks for your feedback, however, I'm not sure this warrants a change.  It does indicate that the section is for Advanced Users, and we recommend using the "Regenerate HTML" link for other users.

An "Advanced User" should be someone who is knowledgeable in HTML.  A quote in that location would  break the HTML code.  Just as the "0" is in quotes, the quotes enclose the exact code that must be used.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

May 1, 2010 10:26 pm  #4

Thread cleaned.

Everyone please let's be sure to follow rule #1 of this forum.

1.) Please be respectful to other forum users at all times.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter