Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2009 11:20 pm  #1

Colombia

THE FLAG

Meaning of the colors (Source: FOTW)

Two interpretations:
1. The yellow symbolizes sovereignty and justice; the blue nobility, loyalty and vigilance; and the red valor, honor, generosity and victory achieved at the high cost of bloodshed.
2. Yellow: universal liberty; blue: the equality of all races and social classes before God and the law; Red: fraternity

As a very popular Colombian kids song says....
YELLOW is our gold
BLUE is our vast seas (oceans)
and RED is the blood that gave us our freedom... (from Spain)

Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Colombia is .co

Do you like the flag? Or you dislike it? Why? Do you have it in your collection? Have you ever been to Colombia? 

The reason for opening this topic is that I had around 25 visitors from .co but in the last few days that number has risen dramatically and will soon exceed 200 I don't know what's going on or why so many visitors from there, cause I don't know anyone, so my guess is someone's using my fc or clicking on "regenerate" button all da time, so that Colombia gets on top  anyone else's fc got hijacked in a similar fashion? 

September 12, 2009 6:24 am  #2

Re: Colombia

Notturno wrote:

Do you like the flag? Or you dislike it? Why? Do you have it in your collection? Have you ever been to Colombia? 

Can't say that I like how it looks, it doesn't have green  Though, it is rare flag and I was happy to get it  I have 4 flags, not much  And I have never been to Columbia 

Notturno wrote:

The reason for opening this topic is that I had around 25 visitors from .co but in the last few days that number has risen dramatically and will soon exceed 200 I don't know what's going on or why so many visitors from there, cause I don't know anyone, so my guess is someone's using my fc or clicking on "regenerate" button all da time, so that Colombia gets on top  anyone else's fc got hijacked in a similar fashion? 

Wow, so many visits  I also don't know anyone and it is definitely not me  I never had something similar happen to my FC 

Last edited by Natul4ik (September 12, 2009 6:25 am)

www.last.fm/user/Natul4ik

AddiCTed To MUSic

September 13, 2009 4:08 am  #3

I only have 7 Colombian flag in my counter. I think it's not that common for me to have visitors from South America (with the exception of Brasil). And I've never been to Colombia as well. But would like to someday. South America is an interesting place to visit

But i think what happened to your FC, I guess maybe someone might just regenerate your HTML and use it in their page. I know someone's FC had been hijacked like that.

September 13, 2009 7:38 am  #4

Grishend wrote:

But i think what happened to your FC, I guess maybe someone might just regenerate your HTML and use it in their page. I know someone's FC had been hijacked like that.

You maybe right, but could it be so many people exactly from one country?  And that is what I am thinking about, why not to allow registering to FC, so that your FC would belong to you only  Just thoughts aloud 

www.last.fm/user/Natul4ik

AddiCTed To MUSic

September 14, 2009 5:35 am  #5

Hehe probably he used it in a Colombian blog

Well I think some people doesn't like to start from 0. Then they just steal someone's impressive flagcounter, take it to their site, and claim it as theirs.
Such things happen a lot in deviantART, so I guess probably it could happen here too.

September 15, 2009 5:02 pm  #6

I think that when the spanish apeaking south american countries got independent, they should've been more creative to make flags... Specially the Ecuadorian, the Colombian and the Venezuelan (any misspelling?) :B

[url=last.fm/user/gui_augusto]My last.fm[/url]
My trilingual blog

Board footera

Flag Counter