Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2017 5:39 am  #11

Re: Visitors instead Pageviews?

berni wrote:

And I ask again for that...

you can keep on asking, the problem is that they don't give a fuсk about it...

September 2, 2017 11:15 am  #12

Seems like you're right,
but without service I need no Pro version and will let the contract expire.

September 2, 2017 5:37 pm  #13

Hi berni,

It would not be as easy of a change to our service as it seems to offer the option you have suggested. Many people do like having pageviews shown on their site, so it's not something we could just make a switch to without it being something that you have to opt into. With our code in place on hundreds of thousands of websites already, it increases the difficulty of deploying such changes to our service.

Additionally, we like to allocate our resources to improvements that have been most demanded by our users. Your request is the only one that I have seen for such a change. Users that would like to see this change made are welcome (and still are) to post in this thread that this is something they are interested in.

We are pleased to provide you with reliable service for your counter, but unfortunately are not able to accommodate every feature request that we receive.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

September 2, 2017 6:30 pm  #14

Okay Jeremy, you could have written to me but also earlier times and not let me wait 5 months in vain for answer. My contract runs until May 2, 2018, so I have time to find another counter.
Thanks for the reply, berni...

September 2, 2017 7:35 pm  #15

Hi berni,

I did reply to your question in April, please see here: http://flagcounter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=294253#p294253

I noticed your follow up, and thought you were just making us aware that you really wanted this feature, which was noted. My answer in April remained relevant to everything that there was to say, and the thread remained open so that others could share if they too were interested in such a feature.

I'm sorry if you feel like you need to find a new counter, we have valued your business and would be sad to see you go.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

September 4, 2017 11:31 am  #16

Hello Jeremy, I'm not angry because my wish is not fulfilling, but because you write to me only now.
I do not understand what is supposed to be so hard about, because the desired data is already there.
A selection would be easy to install and would not affect existing counters.
But okay, you can not, so I accept that.
But it would be nice if you could respond more quickly in the future.
Best regards, berni ...

Last edited by berni (September 4, 2017 11:32 am)

April 14, 2018 11:09 pm  #17

Hi berni,

I have looked into this and wanted to update you on why this proposal is more complicated than it seems.

You are correct that the data exists in our system, however, computing this number is done by adding up each and every flag that you have collected. This isn't something that we currently do when a counter is displayed; in many cases the counter on a site is only displaying 10 or 20 countries. To generate the image, only those 10 or 20 countries are taken into consideration.

Unfortunately, gathering and computing all of this data each time a counter is displayed would require us to load the same amount of information as if each and every counter displayed all 250 flags. Times this by millions of counter views per day, and it would require significant additional resources. Unfortunately, I'm sorry but I don't think we will currently be able to add this option.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter