Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 6:57 pm  #1

Both State and Country not counting all

I don't understand... I have Flag Counter and also StatCounter.  I find that the StatCounter reports many visits from States and Countries that do not change on the Flag Counter.  Examples include recent visits from Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Nevada that show the date on the StatCounter, but not on the Flag Counter.  Also, Visits from Romania, Germany and Canada.

I verified that the html code is in tact and correct.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks you,
Dennis

May 25, 2013 2:21 am  #2

Re: Both State and Country not counting all

Do you have your Flag Counter on every page that you have the other counter?  Also, keep in mind that we ordinarily count first time visitors only and do not count a visitor again when they come back to your site.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

May 25, 2013 1:41 pm  #3

Re: Both State and Country not counting all

I only have the Flag Conter and StatCounter on the splash page since I wanted to see who hits the main page of the website.  I did know that only new hits were counted, but I guess that since time has passed that most of the traffic is, in fact, coming from the return visits, and re-inspection of StatCounter seems to confirm that.

So, I guess there is no problem and I should have though it out better.  Thank you for the quick response.

I really like and am impressed with Flag Counter, it is not only fun, but very informative.  Great feature.

Thank you again,
Dennis

Board footera

Flag Counter