- nikolaos p.
- Flag Enthusiast
Offline 
- From: Greece
- Registered: November 24, 2011
- Posts: 646
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
I have a question: which is the difference between 24 hrs with cookie and 24 hrs without cookie. How these two options affect the daily visits from the same IP?
Last edited by nikolaos p. (April 9, 2013 7:38 am)
- holland25
- Flag Master
Offline 
- From: Trnava, Slovakia
- Registered: September 20, 2010
- Posts: 3,688
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
The option with a cookie means the visitors you had before this change won't count as new... They still have the cookie on their computer.
At least that's how I understand it.
Last edited by holland25 (April 7, 2013 3:36 pm)
251/251 countries and 3,860/3,860 flags collected.
- nikolaos p.
- Flag Enthusiast
Offline 
- From: Greece
- Registered: November 24, 2011
- Posts: 646
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
I have another question: If someone received a 6-months cookie from me, 1 month ago and I choose the option 24 hrs with cookie, what happens:
1. The 6-months cookie remains for 5 months more at this computer
2. The 6-months cookie is replaced by the 24 hrs cookie at this computer
Thanks in advance
- holland25
- Flag Master
Offline 
- From: Trnava, Slovakia
- Registered: September 20, 2010
- Posts: 3,688
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
That's a very good question. But I think the cookie will stay for 5 months... It's an old cookie and it won't probably change. When it expires, the new one will last for 24 hours.
251/251 countries and 3,860/3,860 flags collected.
- Jd_Jd_Jd
- Flag Expert
Offline - From: Zedelgem, Belgium
- Registered: March 31, 2010
- Posts: 2,100
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
holland25 wrote:
That's a very good question. But I think the cookie will stay for 5 months... It's an old cookie and it won't probably change. When it expires, the new one will last for 24 hours.
That's indeed what it looks like. My flagcounter still has the normal average amount of visitors/day as before the introduction of this feature.
- Jeremy
- Administrator
Offline 
- From: United States
- Registered: August 30, 2009
- Posts: 2,780
Re: Repeat Visitor Preference
This is true, any cookies set will remain in place until their original expiration.
Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.
- •

holland25 wrote: