- Jack
- Flag Newbie
Offline - Registered: April 1, 2013
- Posts: 3
New and Confused
Am new and confused on a couple of issues.
1) I sell on Bidstart, do I put the same code on each listing item page? Or a different code on each listing? I don't think I can add a code in a general place.
2) I used the code for US flag and page views. My question is why do the page views indicate more views than Bidstart's page view results for each item? Also, why does it increase by one as I go from one item listing to the next?
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Jack (April 1, 2013 6:11 pm)
- Paul Prince
- Flag Master
Offline 
- From: Canary Islands
- Registered: August 9, 2011
- Posts: 4,492
Re: New and Confused
the counter will only count people that "view it"
as soon as the counter fully loads you will get a hit.
On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.
- Jack
- Flag Newbie
Offline - Registered: April 1, 2013
- Posts: 3
Re: New and Confused
Thanks Paul Prince. But if the counter only counts people that "view it" why does it say I have 50 or more views in each of my items which goes up each time I look at the item, when I actually I don't have that many views?
Also does anyone know the answer to my isssue #1?
Last edited by Jack (April 1, 2013 10:36 pm)
- •
- Sanya
- Flag Expert
Offline 
- Registered: January 1, 2012
- Posts: 2,662
Re: New and Confused
1) If you're interested in how many views you're getting for every item individually then place different Flag Counter codes on each listing item page. If you want to know the total page views for all your listing item pages together then place the same code on every page.
2) Flag Counter counts page views every time the counter image is fully loaded and viewed by a visitor, which means it's also counting your own page views (increasing the number by one as you go from one item listing to the next). Bidstart probably sets a blocking cookie that prevents your own page views from being counted.
- Jack
- Flag Newbie
Offline - Registered: April 1, 2013
- Posts: 3
Re: New and Confused
Thanks Sanya. Appreciate the helpful information.
- •

1 of 1