Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2010 8:24 am  #1

Counter should not include site administrator's entries

The counter should not count me when I enter my own site. Currently every time I enter my site to either view or change something I get counted.

"Totalitarian tyranny does not arise out of the virtues of the totalitarians but from the failings of democrats"  Albert Camus

February 3, 2010 5:29 pm  #2

Re: Counter should not include site administrator's entries

You should be counted only once when you visit the site the first time.  After that, a cookie is supposed to be set on your computer that will prevent you from being counted on subsequent visits.  If your computer does not accept cookies or if you delete the flag counter cookie frequently, then you will have this problem.

February 6, 2010 4:24 pm  #3

How can I reinstate the cookie? How does it look? Actually Broadhost should take care of this by not counting the host URL.

Last edited by mtevans1 (February 6, 2010 4:27 pm)

"Totalitarian tyranny does not arise out of the virtues of the totalitarians but from the failings of democrats"  Albert Camus

February 6, 2010 8:47 pm  #4

Not counting the host URL? Huh?

If you haven't been counted, there's a cookie set when you visit.  If you frequently delete your cookies, you will be frequently counted.  We also block the same IP address from being counted again, but only for a limited time.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter