Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2010 1:12 am  #1

Placements of Flags???

I love the flag counter map except for the fact that some of the flags are either very off centered to the country, or even not in the country when zoomed in. For example, I saw these flags which were not very well placed:

Kuwait - Way off when zoomed in.   
Tunisia- Well off center
Equitorial Guinea- In the ocean off the coast?
Luxembourg- Hanging off the country
Lesotho- Totally off

These are just a few I noticed, but a lot are very off centered.
Anyway, thanks for this free Flagcounter service, it is so interesting and informative. 

January 25, 2010 2:49 am  #2

Re: Placements of Flags???

I think flagcounter does not generate the image of flags superimposed on the world map.  That is all done by google.  Flagcounter tells google where the visit came from (city, country, etc.) and google does the rest.  If the flag is not in the center of the country it is because the visitor did not come from the center of the country.

January 29, 2010 7:20 pm  #4

Flagcounter does not recognize cities. If you get visits from a country, the flag is place more or less in the middle of it, no matter from which corner it did come.

January 29, 2010 11:15 pm  #5

We do place the flags ourselves, and a visitor's location in the country does not influence where the flag is placed, simply because it wouldn't work well at all when there's more than one visitor. 

If there's a particular country that's flag is not correct, please post it here so we can fix it.  I'll admit this will have a low priority over other issues, since there is little benefit to zooming in on the world map.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

January 30, 2010 4:03 am  #6

Makes sense, Jeremy.  Thanks for setting me right about the flag placements!

Board footera

Flag Counter