Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2009 7:27 pm  #1

I was just wondering why this happens...

I have a counter on my deviantart profile page.

deviant comes with a pageview counterto let you know how many people are visiting your main/profile page.

I added my flag counter yesterday morning, and I'm wondering why the numbers are matching up.

my deivantart counter (has always been accurate) says I've received about 85 page views since I put the flag counter's pageview says 173.

but then the flags themselve only add up to 43.

I went to the flag request thread and the flags of eveyone who visited my site from there appeared, so I'm thinking the flags are displaying right, it just seems that the numbers are off or something.

thanks for any help on this

-Kiki

December 28, 2009 3:46 pm  #2

Re: I was just wondering why this happens...

Hi kikiasumi, welcome to the forum.

deviantART pageviews is counted differently than flagcounter pageviews as well as the flagcounter flags.

deviantART pageviews is counted based on the clicks. Each click will give you +1 pageview, however 2 simultaneous clicks from the same person will not increase the pageviews. However, if a person clicks, then a different person clicks, then the first person clicks again, it will be counted as 3 pagevies.

Flagcounter pageviews however, is counted based on each click, doesn't care who clicks, it will give you +1 pageview on each click. So even if the same person clicks 1000 times, you will still get +1000 pageviews.

Though the flags are counted on different basis. Each IP will only give you 1 flags. No matter when you visit, if you visit the same page, there won't be any new flags counted, until you remove the cookies.

So i believe nothings is off

December 28, 2009 9:08 pm  #3

Re: I was just wondering why this happens...

ah okay!

then I understand n .n

Board footera

Flag Counter