Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2009 8:26 am  #11

Re: Is the flagcounter count the unique visitor?

After a user's first visit a cookie is set so that the user is not counted on future visits.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

September 4, 2009 8:43 am  #12

Jeremy wrote:

After a user's first visit a cookie is set so that the user is not counted on future visits.

Thanks Jeremy, I got the detail answer. Good work flagcounter ;-) I love this service very much, very fast respond and very fast services

September 4, 2009 12:15 pm  #13

I'm glad you got answer to your questions, khmerjoljet 

September 6, 2009 10:57 pm  #14

Hi, I'd like to believe that the flag counter is only counting unique visitors, and it is only counting the same person once, except that it seems to be counting me every time I visit my own site, to view or to update. Another problem I have: I'm afraid to update my preferences, such as the number of columns and whether to include page views, because the last time I tried that, extra numbers were automatically generated for each country, so I had to delete Flag Counter and start over. So, my main questions are also suggestions: (1) Is there a way to get Flag Counter to stop counting my own visits? (2) If I update my preferences, is there a way to keep the counts for each country accurate? Thanks!

September 6, 2009 11:30 pm  #15

Here's what I think:
1. Read this

2. I've seen people losing their FC data after (incorrectly) changing some parameters, but to have different stats come out - that's a first for me . Anyway, if there's something you wanna change, you only change the number/parameter coming after the "=" and nothing else, in that long part of the HTML.
Let's take the IMG part of some random FC code:
http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/tHFP/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=3/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/

bg = background color; here are some codes for many nice ones.
txt = text color
border = border color
columns = number of columns
maxflags = maximum flags to show
viewers = 0 (Visitors), 3 (none), your text (your custom title)
labels = 0 (no country codes), 1 (show country codes)
pageviews = 0 (don't show pageview count), 1 (show pageview count)

Hope that helps! Let us know of further developments 

Last edited by Notturno (September 7, 2009 4:42 pm)

September 6, 2009 11:45 pm  #16

Hi Notturno, Thanks for your helpful reply. Using the information you gave me, I'll try changing the code myself. I ran into the problem of extra counts (which made no sense to me why the system did it), when I utilized the option to regenerate code. As to counting me multiple times, I have no explanation for that, but I'm using Feedjit, too, and I know I don't have the number of United States visitors Flag Counter is showing, but the other country counts are accurate. Thanks again.

September 7, 2009 12:49 am  #17

Hi Notturno,
Your instructions worked. I was able to change the number of columns and turn off page views. Thank you. About my problem with Flag Counter counting me every time I visit my own blog, does anyone have any idea what I can do? My United States number is at 101, when it should be about 30. The 70 + is me. It may be because I use two different computers, but that shouldn't be the reason, because after the first time on each one, I shouldn't be counted again. (And yes, I go on my blog often. It's in development, so I'm constantly adding new posts or changing the labels or text on old ones.) I'll appreciate any help!

September 7, 2009 7:37 am  #18

Hi Notturno, and Annie,
I used to change the flagecounter parameters too, and it is still working pretty well, i have changed the 1 column to 2 columns, page views, countries name...
But i still have some problem with my flagcounter view, in my blog http://vuthakh.blogspot.com , the flag counter work very well and count the exact amount. But when i click on the widget, and it direct the link to flagcounter website and show the report of the flag and visitor http://s05.flagcounter.com/more/TKR but the amount of flag and visitor are different from my blog. So come to this point, can you advise me some ideas? or did i make something wrong?

Regards;

September 7, 2009 11:47 am  #19

khmerjoljet wrote:

But i still have some problem with my flagcounter view, in my blog http://vuthakh.blogspot.com , the flag counter work very well and count the exact amount. But when i click on the widget, and it direct the link to flagcounter website and show the report of the flag and visitor http://s05.flagcounter.com/more/TKR but the amount of flag and visitor are different from my blog. So come to this point, can you advise me some ideas? or did i make something wrong?

Regards;

Hello

I've checked both - FC on your blog & your FC site alone and the nr. of visitors are the same! 

September 7, 2009 11:50 am  #20

Annie wrote:

As to counting me multiple times, I have no explanation for that, but I'm using Feedjit, too, and I know I don't have the number of United States visitors Flag Counter is showing, but the other country counts are accurate. Thanks again.

Annie wrote:

About my problem with Flag Counter counting me every time I visit my own blog, does anyone have any idea what I can do? My United States number is at 101, when it should be about 30. The 70 + is me. It may be because I use two different computers, but that shouldn't be the reason, because after the first time on each one, I shouldn't be counted again. (And yes, I go on my blog often. It's in development, so I'm constantly adding new posts or changing the labels or text on old ones.) I'll appreciate any help!

Read Jeremy's explanation here

Last edited by Notturno (September 7, 2009 4:43 pm)

Board footera

Flag Counter