Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2009 6:53 am  #1

Reset counters

Is it possible for a user to reset (or reduce to a spedified #) the flag counters and/or pageviews? I am still in the process of creating my website and everytime I upload another home page or refresh my home page it increments my flag counter (particular for my country US) and pageview. I do not wish to start off from zero for all of the flag counters or pageviews, since in that case I am assuming that I could simply create another html code source here on flagcounters.com.
Dave

December 5, 2009 3:55 pm  #2

Re: Reset counters

Your own hits on your webpage should not be counted as unique visitors after the first time.  There is supposed to be a cookie set by Flagcounter that should mark you as a previous visitor so that your unique visitor count is not affected by your own visits.  Obviously page-views will still go up based on your visits because whenever you load up your web page, it is technically a page-view.

I don't think there is anyway to manually adjust the stats on flagcounter, so you can't selectively uncount some of the hits.  You either have to live with what the counts are, or you can get rid of the current counter and generate a brand-new one (and the counts would start from zero).

Board footera

Flag Counter