Flag Counter » Forum
 
  
FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2013 1:40 pm  #31


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

 I have a question: which is the difference between 24 hrs with cookie and 24 hrs without cookie. How these two options affect the daily visits from the same IP?

Last edited by nikolaos p. (April 9, 2013 7:38 am)

 

April 7, 2013 2:41 pm  #32


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

The option with a cookie means the visitors you had before this change won't count as new... They still have the cookie on their computer.

At least that's how I understand it.

Last edited by holland25 (April 7, 2013 3:36 pm)


https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,860/3,860 flags collected.
 

April 7, 2013 4:58 pm  #33


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

Thanks for the answer!

 

April 9, 2013 7:42 am  #34


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

I have another question: If someone received a 6-months cookie from me, 1 month ago and I choose the option 24 hrs with cookie, what happens:
1. The 6-months cookie remains for 5 months more at this computer
2. The 6-months cookie is replaced by the 24 hrs cookie at this computer

Thanks in advance

 

April 9, 2013 8:20 am  #35


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

That's a very good question. But I think the cookie will stay for 5 months... It's an old cookie and it won't probably change. When it expires, the new one will last for 24 hours.


https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,860/3,860 flags collected.
 

April 9, 2013 9:25 pm  #36


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

holland25 wrote:

That's a very good question. But I think the cookie will stay for 5 months... It's an old cookie and it won't probably change. When it expires, the new one will last for 24 hours.

That's indeed what it looks like.  My flagcounter still has the normal average amount of visitors/day as before the introduction of this feature.

 

April 10, 2013 12:03 am  #37


Re: Repeat Visitor Preference

This is true, any cookies set will remain in place until their original expiration.


Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.
     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Flag Counter