Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2009 5:09 pm  #1

Let's translate it!

The information about the countries is very useful for us, and I believe for most of the users. I wish this information had option to be read by other language readers, at least the five major languages, Portuguese included. Brazil has the second major number of internet users.

November 29, 2009 2:10 pm  #2

Re: Let's translate it!

Sorry, I'm a marketing man. I'm talking about the size of markets for this specific product, you can notice that from my last phrase "Brazil has the second major number of internet users". What market Mandarin, Hindi and Arabic would represent for Western content? How often do you visit and consume information on sites of those languages? How much do they publish in internet from those languages? So, I would not count estern languages because their conection with the rest of the world is English. Not counting with those just-crowd-not-clients languages you`ve got English and Spanish and then Portuguese. A concept closer to what I have in mind is World Languages (English, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese and French) - "A world language is not only characterized by the number of its speakers (native or second language speakers), but also by its geographical distribution, and its use in international organizations and in diplomatic relations." Wikipedia, World Language.

November 29, 2009 2:13 pm  #3

Re: Let's translate it!

I would include Italian as well, because my roots, but unhappy it is not the case.

Board footera

Flag Counter