Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2011 10:15 am  #11

Re: Kosovo as new Country

you people make me laugh 

June 16, 2011 4:00 pm  #12

Kosovo should be added, as it has it's own domain... my point of view

the headline should be renamed to "Kosovo as new flag" - and everything is fine

http://flagsofmine.blogspot.de/
251/251 countries
2.708/2.744 regions

June 29, 2011 10:02 am  #13

Pillandia wrote:

India+China+Russia+Your Spain+ etc. etc. (70% of population and 80% of the surface of independent countries on our planet) didn't recognize Kosovo as "new Country".
If flagcounter should agree with Your point of view, there should be also the flags of Transnistria, Abkhazia, Northern Cyprus, Tibet etc.
A real carnival party!
P.S. Just another link about the first Mr. President of so called Democratic Party of Kosovo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashim_Tha%C3%A7i#Alleged_Criminal_Activities

You raised a few excellent points... I do agree with you 

June 29, 2011 4:53 pm  #14

i do not agree. i a few years you can see, that serbia and the kosovo are full members of the european union. remember my words from today.  but all this is not the point of my post. we are talking here about domains and if we are collecting AX, SH, PS, FK, HK, GI and so on, which also are not countries, why not the case of kosovo? also sint maarten is with a new domain .sx why not this 2 new domains?

249/249 Countries/Domains and 1851 Flags collected.
www.europa-irc.de - www.europa-irc.eu 

June 29, 2011 7:43 pm  #15

Well, if Kosovo is new country then wait new flags of South Ossetia and Abkhazia

http://sorrowfield.livejournal.com/
Looking for Oceania flags.
my active e-mail is: saerd[at]yandex.ru

June 30, 2011 2:46 am  #16

Me Three.

June 30, 2011 10:50 am  #17

Alexander... I was in Kosovo last year... It might be true that Serbia could access the UE in the next years/decade, but Kosovo is a place with almost no formal/legal economy, I can't really see it accessing the UE sometime soon, nor changing its current status as far as I am concerned.

It seems to me to understand that the real reason here is that some of you are craving for new flags, but you can't really create a flag for a state which is unrecognized by most of the world... Otherwise we could just start adding flags freely, for all the unrecognized nations (and there are way too many!), but then what would be the point of having many flags that have no official recognition?

Last edited by Rach (June 30, 2011 10:53 am)

June 30, 2011 3:43 pm  #18

EU in English, not UE (following Lorelei's lead in English lessons )

Rach wrote:

Alexander... I was in Kosovo last year... It might be true that Serbia could access the UE in the next years/decade, but Kosovo is a place with almost no formal/legal economy, I can't really see it accessing the UE sometime soon, nor changing its current status as far as I am concerned.

It seems to me to understand that the real reason here is that some of you are craving for new flags, but you can't really create a flag for a state which is unrecognized by most of the world... Otherwise we could just start adding flags freely, for all the unrecognized nations (and there are way too many!), but then what would be the point of having many flags that have no official recognition?

June 30, 2011 6:39 pm  #19

Meiriongwril wrote:

EU in English, not UE (following Lorelei's lead in English lessons )

Rach wrote:

Yeah, obvious misspelling... I was away for a while, didn't know this forum had turned into a sort of grammar school in the meantime. I would like to know how this is related to Kosovo's topic though! ;-)

Last edited by Rach (June 30, 2011 7:16 pm)

July 31, 2011 9:49 pm  #20

Pillandia wrote:

Alexander wrote:

you are from Estonia? you don`t know your own history before 1945 und before 1990?...

I am an Italian married with an Estonian and I know well history of Estonia. I answer back to You with 2 only numbers:
in Estonia the Estonian population in 1940 it was 88%,
while in 1990 it was 64%
because of strong Russification, democide and deportation to Siberia of 1/3 of total population.
As regards Kosovo it is a total different speech. I expressed THE FIRST DIFFERENT OPINION in this thread. I DIDN'T WRITE I AM AGAINST THE IDEA OF A FLAG OF KOSOVO (please before killing me read again and carefully my previous message), but the title is "Kosovo as new Country" and I am not agreed. India+China+Russia+Your Spain+ etc. etc. (70% of population and 80% of the surface of independent countries on our planet) didn't recognize Kosovo as "new Country".
If flagcounter should agree with Your point of view, there should be also the flags of Transnistria, Abkhazia, Northern Cyprus, Tibet etc.
A real carnival party!
P.S. Just another link about the first Mr. President of so called Democratic Party of Kosovo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashim_Tha%C3%A7i#Alleged_Criminal_Activities

That is true.

Board footera

Flag Counter