Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2009 7:25 am  #1

Flags not recording

hi,

I was in Finland last 3 days and I have visited my counter via various ISPs but no flag was recorded. Also via my mobile phone, but no recording of a Finnish flag was seen. How is this possible? Because when I traced my IP I did see that it was a Finnish ISP!

Cheers,
Marcel

October 12, 2009 7:59 am  #2

Re: Flags not recording

Does this help? We need more info.

October 12, 2009 2:02 pm  #3

no, this did not help.
I have logged in on internet cafe and hotel PCs, with various ISPs. Nobody has visited my counter there.

Marcel

October 12, 2009 2:12 pm  #4

What did you see as "Newest visitor flag" while you were in Finland?

If you want the flag to count, you need to open your site and stay there until FC loads.

October 12, 2009 2:17 pm  #5

I always wait until it has fully loaded, because I did some blogging there.
I saw a Belgian flag once, a US flag and a Greek flag. But, if I tracked the IP address it showed me a Finnish ISP.

Cheers,
Marcel

October 12, 2009 3:22 pm  #6

Did number of Finnish visitors to your flag counter increase since your Finland trip or not? And what's the date of the newest Finnish flag?

Peekbird wrote:

I saw a Belgian flag once, a US flag and a Greek flag. But, if I tracked the IP address it showed me a Finnish ISP.

Those flags were of some other users visiting your blog at the same time as you have, because it's impossible to be in Finland on Finnish ISP & have a Greek, Belgian & USA flag displayed. 
Since you can trace visits to your web-site, you can probably find Belgium, USA & Greek visitors at the time of your Finland vacation. Now, can you see the their times of arrival, too?
If not you can ask Jeremy to enable pro version & check the times accordingly.

Quite a few people have complained on the forum how their flag counter didn't count a certain visit, etc. & in 99% of cases there was a logical explanation behind it & it wasn't flag counter's fault.

Last edited by Notturno (October 12, 2009 3:23 pm)

October 13, 2009 9:57 pm  #7

Notturno wrote:

Quite a few people have complained on the forum how their flag counter didn't count a certain visit, etc. & in 99% of cases there was a logical explanation behind it & it wasn't flag counter's fault.

Can I put that in my signature? 

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

October 13, 2009 10:23 pm  #8

as for the mobil phone part of it, at least with mine, the i-phone does not register a flag or count

October 14, 2009 9:37 am  #9

same for me, I have an iPhone and a Nokia N82, both don't register a flag count

October 14, 2009 6:02 pm  #10

Can you see the flag counter image with your iPhone?  That seems really strange.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter