Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2009 9:25 pm  #1

Flag Counter Errors

Let's gather here all errorenous flag images, missing flags on the flag map and anything else that we spotted was faulty on our flag counters, so that Jeremy & his team could repair it (if they haven't already)! 

* Palestine flag doesn't show
* New Zealand flag shows instead of Tokelau one
some found here

C'mon people!!

Last edited by Notturno (November 17, 2009 3:00 pm)

October 20, 2009 9:10 pm  #2

Re: Flag Counter Errors

I Deleted My Old Flag By Error. I Would Liike To Have My Old Counter Flag. What I Can Do?

October 20, 2009 9:48 pm  #3

Welcome to the forum ;)

Have you ever clicked on your flagcounter to see what flags you have? Do you remember that URL? Maybe it's in your browser's history (type "flagcounter" and see what happens) and by clicking on regenerate HTML you'll get the code back to put it on your website.
You could also try Google cache.. Google for your website with the counter & see the cached version.
Alternatively you could type your website's address in Wayback Machine.
Let us know if you're successful! 

November 24, 2009 9:37 pm  #4

1 new issue and 1 old, first, Guernsey's flag shows up on my counter http://s03.flagcounter.com/more/Jkzv
but not the name, I remember this happening on the main counter the first day it showed up, and now on mine.  second New Zealand's flag is still showing on all the counters I see Tokealu as the newest visitor.   Jeremy can you fix this from your end?   Thanks

November 25, 2009 7:46 am  #5

The issue that I have with the flag counter is that, there have been several times where my website tells me ive had a visitor from a country (it tells me recent visitor locations, the following are countries where I'm missing flags: Germany; India; Greece; Russia; Canada; Bulgaria and Switzerland) but the flag counter has given me another United States flag count rather than giving me that country's flag. is there a way for this to be better tracked, and can I possibly get the flags on my counter?

November 27, 2009 12:49 am  #6

@acetomatoco: I think it happened on s05 as well. Guernsey name didn't show on the counter. So maybe this problem might be on for other servers except s01. I checked on my friend's flagcounter. So this problem not only happened in your counter

@sirenicradiance:
Welcome to the forum.
How flagcounter works is by identifying the ISP that the visitor use, and determine which country it is. For a visit to be recorded the visitor need to fully load the flagcounter image.
So chances are, they are not fully loading your flagcounter image, leading to the visits are not recorded. Or, they are using another ISP.
All the flags you mentioned are obtainable, so you can get those flags.

November 28, 2009 7:12 pm  #7

Still waiting to hear from Jeremy on this, it seems an easy fix.

November 30, 2009 9:12 pm  #8

Isle of Man flag not added into pie chart. Maybe this might also happen to all the flags that Jeremy added by himself, not just Isle of Man (Tuvalu, Jersey, Lesotho, Guernsey, etc.). Can you please check it?
Thanks.

Or if the flag is accidentally removed out: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4838/isle.png

Last edited by Grishend (December 20, 2009 4:26 am)

December 10, 2009 1:46 pm  #9

The counter flag on my homepage at facebook isn´t upgrated. Why? 

December 10, 2009 2:20 pm  #10

Guadeloupe's and Runion's flags are diffrent when they are in the newest flag or in the list

My 1st flagcounter: http://s02.flagcounter.com/more/3DIf
My 2nd flagcounter: http://s09.flagcounter.com/more/hPi
No longer helping people get new flags,only close friends

Board footera

Flag Counter