Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2010 1:41 pm  #1

Increasing Flag Counters

Hy, I started the flag counter in January and chose up to 30 flags, we reached this within the month.
When I tried to increase to 100, I lost the previous 30 and we started over again in February of this year,
now we have 85 flags in six months, so obviously need to increase to 200 as our site is visited lots.

How can I do the increase to 200 keeping the already registered 85, please? thanks, Zydha

Last edited by zydha (August 27, 2010 1:42 pm)

August 28, 2010 1:59 am  #2

Re: Increasing Flag Counters

In the code for your Flag Counter on your site, find the part that says maxflags=12 (or whatever the current number is). Change this to maxflags=200, and make sure you don't leave any spaces in, before, or after it. Then you're set. 

My Site: http://kantayra.livejournal.com/profile
Direct Link to My Counter: http://s05.flagcounter.com/count/tyUpD/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/
Most wanted: Bhutan, British Virgin Islands, Cape Verde, Cuba, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kyrgyzstan, Mauritania, Turkmenistan
177 countries; 962 flags total

August 28, 2010 3:14 am  #3

What is wrong with choosing the maximum number of flags possible right at the beginning and sticking with it instead of selecting something, then having to change it every month or two?  Just because the option exists to set a maximum number of flags that is below the 248 flags that is theoretically possible does not mean it is intelligent to use it!  The image just grows as more and more flags are accumulated.  Is there a misconception out there that choosing 248 flags and having only 10 shows a lot of white space on the widget?  Well, let me tell you, it is just a misconception, the widget does not have any whitespace, it is always just big enough to accommodate the number of flags you have actually collected.

August 29, 2010 9:08 pm  #4

Agree,I had set it up to 248 from the beginning and had no problem at all.

Board footera

Flag Counter