Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2010 7:59 am  #1

Transfer counts to new counter?

I lost the code for my original Flag Counter while editing my web site so I
have had to install another. Is there any way I can add the totals from my
previous counter to this new counter for continuity?

Regards

August 4, 2010 2:22 pm  #2

Re: Transfer counts to new counter?

No, there is no chance at all as the HTML for each counter is different, your first counter would be untraceable.   

August 4, 2010 6:24 pm  #3

But I know what the counts for each country were b4 I lost the original so if I can access the new counter data somehow I can enter the orignal counts. Is there a way of accessing the new counter data file on -line???

Regards

August 5, 2010 9:02 pm  #4

If people could manipulate the counts on the counter the way you are suggesting, what is the point of a counter that sits on your website and counts visitors.  People can just put in any numbers they want into their counters, and nobody can prove or disprove that those numbers come from actual visitors.

August 7, 2010 1:47 pm  #5

blogannath wrote:

If people could manipulate the counts on the counter the way you are suggesting, what is the point of a counter that sits on your website and counts visitors.  People can just put in any numbers they want into their counters, and nobody can prove or disprove that those numbers come from actual visitors.

I didn't reailse there was a "competition" to see who could get most flags. I just have it on my site to look at the statistics of where my visistors are from, not to "compete" with other websites!

Regards

August 7, 2010 2:37 pm  #6

biggles23 wrote:

I didn't reailse there was a "competition" to see who could get most flags. I just have it on my site to look at the statistics of where my visistors are from, not to "compete" with other websites!

Regards

Who's talking about competition?
You yourself want to add (manipulate) numbers from your lost counter to the new one, well that's not how the counters work.

So either you start from scratch with a new counter or you find the lost one somehow (if you remember the code, maybe it's in your browser's history, etc.).

Get real!

Board footera

Flag Counter