Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2023 9:57 pm  #1

Flags disappear

I cannot find any answers....I had 216 flags on my world flag counter on my QRZ.com page and when I signed out and came back on I had now only 214 flags. Where did the other 2 go?. Also I had a Visitor globe and QRZ.com said that was why their site was being hacked. So they changed all the revolving globes to world flag maps. And that isn't working anymore either. I have 193 flags on there and its been that way since they changed it to the flag map. I know for a fact that a few of my friends from the south pacific went to my page several times and I never got their flags. So a =16.25pxgentleman named Vlad that does HTML work on pages for QRZ.com said that I probably have an old version. So I have wrote to Jeremy and he hasn't answered. So I wonder if anyone knows how to fix these problems?...My home page on QRZ.com is  >>>>> https://www.qrz.com/db/k4xj

Last edited by kd4qhg (January 28, 2023 9:58 pm)

January 29, 2023 5:42 pm  #2

Re: Flags disappear

Hi kd4qhg,

We do not offer a visitor globe, that is another company's product. I see two different counters on your page. "M9S" has 193 flags and "jYd" has 214 flags. I do not see any indication that any have gone missing. You should check the flag history section if you would like to confirm the countries that have been added to your counter by clicking on the little calendar icon in the top right of the "Details" page. Every version of Flag Counter code that we have ever released still works as normal, so an "old version" will not change anything.

As far as not getting someone's flags, there are countless reasons that could occur, from them using an ISP that assigns IP addresses elsewhere, to them having content filters installed that resulted in your counter not displaying.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 1, 2023 9:36 pm  #3

Re: Flags disappear

Jeremy wrote:

Hi kd4qhg,

We do not offer a visitor globe, that is another company's product. I see two different counters on your page. "M9S" has 193 flags and "jYd" has 214 flags. I do not see any indication that any have gone missing. You should check the flag history section if you would like to confirm the countries that have been added to your counter by clicking on the little calendar icon in the top right of the "Details" page. Every version of Flag Counter code that we have ever released still works as normal, so an "old version" will not change anything.

As far as not getting someone's flags, there are countless reasons that could occur, from them using an ISP that assigns IP addresses elsewhere, to them having content filters installed that resulted in your counter not displaying.

.....I know you don't offer the Globe Jeremy. What I was saying was stating that they (Revolvermaps.com) changed their things also because they were saying they were getting hacked. So they changed their globes on QRZ to Maps. I know it really that don't have much to do with the topic, but....You do have a flag map that I have on my page that does say "Flag Counter" at the bottom right hand corner and that isn't working any more. But what I was saying about flags =16.25pxdisappearing is that they are =16.25pxvisible for a day or few hours then they are gone. I did have 216 flags on the jYd, and now only 214. On the M9S counter its been at 193 flags for 2 years. even thought I have had several people go to my page and should have added close to 15 to 16 flags. This I don't understand. But I do understand about what you are saying about the ISP  that assigns I.P. addresses. Its just strange they would stop showing after a day or 2 or few hours....Strange....Thanks for your response.

Board footera

Flag Counter