Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2019 5:19 am  #11

Re: wordpress settings

Google analytics show ALL visits to your site, even the returning ones. The counter only records new ones and shows the rest as not new (check your settings, you might want to set the Repeat Visitor Preference to 8 hours). Maybe that's the problem?

Last edited by holland25 (June 12, 2019 5:21 am)

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

June 12, 2019 5:30 am  #12

I am not worried about visitors, I am worried about pageviews. I understand the difference between unique and returning users, but pageviews should be counted .

and Jeremy, it might work as you designed it, but not as counters should.
if the stats ar +-10%, then I would argue that something need to be tweaked, but almost 70% difference is not ok.

June 12, 2019 5:35 am  #13

That's strange. s11 is the fastest server FC has to offer, so you shouldn't be missing out on any visits

June 12, 2019 5:36 am  #14

Your counter records a pageview each and every time it is loaded from our server. If you believe that there is a 70% difference, something is preventing those visitors from loading your counter.

That is why I suggested that you ensure your counter is installed on every page, and ensure that your mobile visitors are also seeing your counter.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 12, 2019 5:41 am  #15

You're from Saudi Arabia, right? Your internet is being monitored and censored and that might be the reason. There are a few countries that block FC. Syria and Iran, for example. Last time we ran Syria, GA showed 2,750 visits and FC only recorded 11

June 12, 2019 5:46 am  #16

I am not new to this, IT IS on every page, and if it does not work with monitored internet, then it should've been mentioned.
I expected a better support, maybe I forgot something or you know better from your experience, but blaming me just for asking!

June 12, 2019 5:50 am  #17

I do not know anything about countries blocking counters. That is not something that we have any control over.

When you open a Paypal dispute over your payment before waiting a reasonable amount of time for assistance, you can expect a more harsh than typical response to your inquiry.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 12, 2019 5:57 am  #18

Ok, so it is because of paypal dispute, no answer for 2 days for my post, and suddenly instant messages, maybe I did the right thing to get an answer.
Anyway, case closed for me. I really like the look of the FC, and chose it rather than other free ones, and paid for it directly especially when I saw that it is used for years. it simply does not work for me, and as this is the type of answers I get, I will remove it from my site, and wait for Paypal judgement.
All the best

June 12, 2019 6:12 am  #19

The free ones won't be working for you either. Try adding Revolvermaps and the results will be the same. Don't blame Jeremy for something he isn't responsible for. It's your providers

June 12, 2019 6:17 am  #20

Thanx for your insight Holland25, statcounter free version is on the same footer with FC code, there is a big difference in stats also, but SC is more accurate, but its just a counter with out the nice looks of FC.

Board footera

Flag Counter