Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2010 4:18 am  #1

FlagCounter Image Unbalanced

I understand the decision to remove the unknown flags from the country count as well as from the flag counter image because they are not really countries.  But, I notice that the new image of the flagcounter on my website is a little out of whack because of the changes.

I used to have 133 flags on my image.  I have arranged the flags into 4 columns, so this meant that there were 3 columns of 34 flags, and one column with 31 flags.  The columns were always balanced like this, with the last column missing at most 3, 2, or 1 flags depending on the total number of flags on the image.

Now I have only 130 images on my flag (3 of the original must have been from unknown countries), but the 130 are not arranged as 3 columns of 33 and one column of 31 like it should be for a balanced view.  Instead, I have 3 columns with 34 flags and one column with 28 flags.  This makes the image look very unbalanced and weird.

I hope this is a temporary phase that will be corrected soon.  I just wanted to bring this to Jeremy's attention so that he can quickly fix whatever was overlooked when the unknown flags were removed from existing images.  Thank you in advance.

May 27, 2010 5:20 am  #2

Re: FlagCounter Image Unbalanced

I agree with blogannath.

Though in the meantime, perhaps you can just change the maxflags so that it will be balanced. It might be quite annoying to update it for every new flag you get, but if you want it balanced, perhaps that's the best way to do now

May 27, 2010 5:33 am  #3

Should be better now!

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

May 27, 2010 5:35 am  #4

It is better :D Thank you Jeremy!

May 27, 2010 12:14 pm  #5

Great job Jeremy!

May 27, 2010 4:31 pm  #6

Unfortunately, I had to reverse this change because the extra calculation was slowing down our servers.

So temporarily, if you have a very large number of flags, your counter may appear unbalanced in certain configurations.  I hope to have a new fix for this ASAP.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

May 28, 2010 12:35 pm  #7

Yes, I was about to say that. Mine is unbalanced: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com/

June 5, 2010 6:07 am  #8

We have a new fix for this in place on s01.  Provided all goes well it will be applied to the other servers soon.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 6, 2010 2:29 am  #9

We have applied the modified code to all servers.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 6, 2010 12:49 pm  #10

It is unbalanced yet. I have my flags in 2 columns, and 2nd column is three flags shorter than the first one: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com

Board footera

Flag Counter