Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2015 4:55 pm  #11

Re: Problem with too many visits

nikolaos p. wrote:

Your site is in Russian language! I think that it is very normal to have more visitors from these countries!

My site is USA yet I have more than two times as many Russian visits.  There appears to be a lot of new search engines in Russia. From Twitter Tweet your URL and you'll see 100's of visits 50% or more will be from Russia. That has been my experience.

June 17, 2015 7:31 pm  #12

Mark K wrote:

My site is USA yet I have more than two times as many Russian visits.  There appears to be a lot of new search engines in Russia. From Twitter Tweet your URL and you'll see 100's of visits 50% or more will be from Russia. That has been my experience. 

I suppose I have many visits because (and after) I created a short link via http://bit.ly/... . The domain is Lybia, but maybe the company is Russian. Even now if I hit  F5 (refresh) -I see a few more visits. 

Please visit here Research and "View Full Text"/download
and here Person
Faculties

June 27, 2015 12:40 am  #13

al_ko wrote:

You ( nikolaos p.[/url] and [url=http://flagcounter.boardhost.com/profile.php?id=91722]lieuwe)  are mistaken. My site is NOT in russian language. I am from BG and everything here is in our Bulgarian language - official language in Bulgaria and European Union.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_language
We never been in USSR. The alphabet looks similar to Russian. The language is different (similar of course - like English and German) and russians can't understand us.   I cant figure out where it comes so many visitors?

I am sorry for this, but I did not notice that it is in Bulgarian! Of course I know the difference between Bulgarian and Russian language. I just visited your site to look what is going on, having in mind what you said about RU, UA, BL and when I looked the Kyrillic letters I considered immediatelly that it is Russian and I left!
 About your problem, I think that the search engines maybe is the reason. I agree with others that if you have an english version, you will have more English speaking visitors! Btw, do you have enough Bulgarian visitors?

June 27, 2015 8:47 am  #14

nikolaos p. wrote:

al_ko wrote:

... official language in Bulgaria and ... 

I am sorry for this, but I did not notice that it is in Bulgarian! Of course I know the difference between Bulgarian and Russian language. I just visited your site to look what is going on, having in mind what you said about RU, UA, BL and when I looked the Kyrillic letters I considered immediatelly that it is Russian and I left!
 About your problem, I think that the search engines maybe is the reason. I agree with others that if you have an english version, you will have more English speaking visitors! Btw, do you have enough Bulgarian visitors?

Yes, I expected such visits from BG for that period (of the year)/season- business and personal. I expect (more that 5) from abroad also - from Germany, UK, Greece, USA.... Expect less than 5 from every other country - for a month. I didn't expect thousands-I suppose that someone chech all links uncluded in "bit.ly" and look inside if find a word which is same in both language (for example мехaника=mechaniсs).
Or the counter counts visit for the whole site instead of my personal (for few days).

Please visit here Research and "View Full Text"/download
and here Person
Faculties

June 27, 2015 10:14 am  #15

Flag counter is ONLY able to count visits of sites where the counter is present.Simply spoken, no counter image no registration of the visit.
Search engines could be an option too. We had is discussion on that recently and it seemed the only way was to have a proper robots.txt configuration. If I remember it correctly, that worked at least for a while.
You should try other analytic tools (e.g piwik or google analytics) to see who visits your site from Russia and Ukraine.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

Board footera

Flag Counter