Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2015 10:52 am  #1

Open ALL links in a new window.

While visiting your forum I have one remark and this is really something I don't understand it is not automatically done.

When people click on a link (other website) it REPLACES your forum and it is so easy to resolve by adding a "target" into your links outside your site automatically so the forum stays open on the page where you left it.
Not every user is an IT-manager.  Or they forget to put it in manually or they don't know how to do it

Added on March 10 : Is it to much to ask from a proper reply from the real owner/webdesigner?  This post is NOT a joke as some people thiink.  It is a violation of one of the first rules of webdesign NOT to include "target='blank'" in a external link. 
So STOP making stupid and really geek replies in telling to open with right click.  You only confirm that you know NOTHING about webdesign.

Last edited by ConsumInvest (March 10, 2015 9:55 am)

Visit our website (we will visit you back) and start making hugh profits with your own savings
http://consuminvest.com
If you want to make even more money, just use our magnificant Comet POWER plan 

March 8, 2015 2:49 pm  #2

Re: Open ALL links in a new window.

I always click links here with the mousewheel so it opens in a new tab
alternatively you can ctrl+click or right click>open in new tab

March 8, 2015 2:51 pm  #3

B3ckie wrote:

I always click links here with the mousewheel so it opens in a new tab
alternatively you can ctrl+click or right click>open in new tab

You are sure?  I said that not every one is an IT-manager, but .... I AM. 
And still it would be VERY usefull to open EACH link automatically in a new tab/window.
It is a matter of keeping YOUR visitors on YOUR site and not making it a mess for them to return.
But as I said, I am only an IT-manager who does not know anything about all these things 

Last edited by ConsumInvest (March 8, 2015 2:54 pm)

Visit our website (we will visit you back) and start making hugh profits with your own savings

March 8, 2015 9:53 pm  #4

ConsumInvest wrote:

You are sure?

Yeah it works

Here's a small tutorial:
- Place your cursor on the link
- Don't left-click, click the mousewheel instead
- Link will open in a new tab
- The forum tab will stay open
- You can do this to multiple links

March 9, 2015 5:43 am  #5

right click, open link in a new tab

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

March 9, 2015 4:56 pm  #6

B3ckie wrote:

ConsumInvest wrote:

You are sure?

Yeah it works

Here's a small tutorial:
- Place your cursor on the link
- Don't left-click, click the mousewheel instead
- Link will open in a new tab
- The forum tab will stay open
- You can do this to multiple links

Jens wrote:

right click, open link in a new tab

I really appreciate the high level of the answers here.  You make me laugh really toooo much.
Especially from Jens (Moderator) I had expected a higher level of answer.

Neither of you (Jens and B3ckie) even have read my comments as you would NOT have answered such way, knowing I am an IT-manager.  Really?  are you sure?  And you dare answer to that? 

Last edited by ConsumInvest (March 9, 2015 5:01 pm)

March 9, 2015 5:27 pm  #7

I actually replied a workaround for your """issue""" (gotta call it like this)
I have a PhD in mouse clicking techniques so I have knowledge of what I'm talking about

Also if you fail to see the irony of my tutorial you are objectively not very aware

Also don't send me such post-ironic PMs

Last edited by B3ckie (March 9, 2015 5:33 pm)

March 9, 2015 7:29 pm  #8

B3ckie wrote:

I actually replied a workaround for your """issue""" (gotta call it like this)
I have a PhD in mouse clicking techniques so I have knowledge of what I'm talking about

Also if you fail to see the irony of my tutorial you are objectively not very aware

Also don't send me such post-ironic PMs

I hope you consider yourself as THE joke of the year on this site?
You have always to put in YOUR opinion on ALL posts and for a phd in mouseclicking you must suffer of a real lack of reality 
As a real professional in webdesign I know that most selfmade webdesigners never heard about some rules to consider when creating a website, so I excuse you for your ignorance.

BUT.... The webdesigner of this site "Flagcounter" must be considered to be a professional (unless like you) and so he makes a big fault against the most important rule on the internet.  And that is not only my opinion, but I know that wannabees don't understand some rules to respect in webdesigning.   

Last edited by ConsumInvest (March 9, 2015 7:34 pm)

March 9, 2015 10:20 pm  #9

Tell me again what's the problem in pressing a button instead of another to get the desired effect?
Again I tell you, I offer a workaround, who can even offer you a fix? I guess the whole thing is coded by © Boardhost.com, Inc.

March 10, 2015 2:39 am  #10

Hello ConsumeInvest, it is obvious that for many people opening a link in a new tab is a hard job. Just keep practicing man, you'll get there eventually. I also completed a PhD in mousclicking techniques, my favorite subject.

Board footera

Flag Counter