Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2010 1:39 pm  #1

My flag counter is not working

I am having a problem with my counter. It is not registering visitors. I recently had a visit from Israel which would have been no 2, but the counter still shows one. I know the visit happened because my revolver map shows two. Worse still, I have had 4 visits from Croatia on Clustr Map but the flag counter shows one. I have no idea how many new countries I have missed out on. I had a visit from Vietnam recently - the visitor count didn't change but the latest visit date did! Help!!!!! 

Last edited by llandewi (January 19, 2010 10:57 pm)

January 24, 2010 11:13 pm  #2

Re: My flag counter is not working

I upgraded to fliag counter 24 and lost all my posted flags. Is there anyway to recover these? If not, can you make the instructions more user friendly?

January 25, 2010 2:43 am  #3

llandewi wrote:

I am having a problem with my counter. It is not registering visitors. I recently had a visit from Israel which would have been no 2, but the counter still shows one. I know the visit happened because my revolver map shows two. Worse still, I have had 4 visits from Croatia on Clustr Map but the flag counter shows one. I have no idea how many new countries I have missed out on. I had a visit from Vietnam recently - the visitor count didn't change but the latest visit date did! Help!!!!! 

Are you sure that the visitor from Vietnam was a new one and not a returning visitor?  Returning visitors will not add to your count.  Similarly the 4 croatian visits might have been from the same person, so your flag counter will only register it as one visit.  Flag counter counts only unique visitors, not total visitors.

January 25, 2010 2:44 am  #4

ianh wrote:

I upgraded to fliag counter 24 and lost all my posted flags. Is there anyway to recover these? If not, can you make the instructions more user friendly?

What is flagcounter 24?  How did you perform the upgrade?  Somebody might be able to help if you provide some details of what you did.

January 25, 2010 10:20 am  #5

Hi, please, could anyone help me with my problem?

My flagcounter is not working in no way... It is not registering visitros. I recently had many visitor from Europe and America, but the counter dont show nothing at all... I had a flag counter a long time on my page, but I lost it, so I´ve added a new one, on January 2010... For now, it shows me only 6 visitors from Slovakia and nothing more, but people are writing me (even from Antigua and Barbuda) about visiting my page for the first time. Dont know what to do with it. I dont have the flagcounter on the homepage - is that a problem? Please, check it out 

http://martinuzak.blog.cz/1001/moje-specialne-podakovanie

January 25, 2010 4:54 pm  #6

Lapointe25191 wrote:

My flagcounter is not working in no way... It is not registering visitros. I recently had many visitor from Europe and America, but the counter dont show nothing at all... I had a flag counter a long time on my page, but I lost it, so I´ve added a new one, on January 2010... For now, it shows me only 6 visitors from Slovakia and nothing more, but people are writing me (even from Antigua and Barbuda) about visiting my page for the first time. Dont know what to do with it. I dont have the flagcounter on the homepage - is that a problem? Please, check it out 

The flagcounter will register visitors only when its image is loaded.  If visitors are visiting pages where the image will not be loaded (for example, your visitors are visiting the home page and not the page with your flag counter), then the flag counter will not record those visits.

January 26, 2010 5:57 am  #7

blogannath wrote:

Lapointe25191 wrote:

The flagcounter will register visitors only when its image is loaded.  If visitors are visiting pages where the image will not be loaded (for example, your visitors are visiting the home page and not the page with your flag counter), then the flag counter will not record those visits.

Blogannath > yes, I was thinking the same way. Big thank you!!! 

January 26, 2010 9:27 pm  #8

You are most welcome, Lapointe!

January 27, 2010 1:05 am  #9

I have one more questin, if its possible... Please, is there any list of flags or countries that flag counter is showing? I think South Korea or things like that dont work exactly... Could you please help me with this issue? Cannot find it anywhere... 

January 27, 2010 8:55 pm  #10

You can get a pretty comprehensive list of the flags and countries flagcounter uses by clicking on "country list" at the top of the flagcounter page.  Or follow the link below:

http://flagcounter.com/countries.html

I have not had any problems with any of the countries as far as I can tell, but I have not paid huge amounts of attention to the flags on my website (I am just happy there are a lot and new ones get added every now and then), so I may not have noticed something you have noticed.  If you can show some example of what you think is not working correctly, I can see what my experience has been to compare notes.

Board footera

Flag Counter