Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2010 9:17 pm  #1

New option available for all Flag Counters!

We've just finished implementing a big change to our service that will allow you to have completely new information displayed on your site.

There is a new option available allowing you to choose whether your Flag Counter image displays the top countries, as it has always done, or now you can choose to show recent new visitors to your Flag Counter right on your site

All of our logging and chart information will function as usual, and you can still reach the "Top Countries" by clicking your Flag Counter image.

The image will still display the number of flags you have chosen, however, beside each one will be the time of their visit, such as "1 min ago", "2 hours ago" or "3 days ago".  It will represent new visitors only, who have added to your flag count.  A country's flag can, of course, appear on your image more than one time.

This option is immediately available to users on all of our servers, and you can take advantage of it by clicking the "Regenerate HTML" link on the bottom of your Flag Counter statistics page, and swapping out the code on your site with the new code.

If you enjoy this new option, please let us know your feedback in this thread! 

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

January 9, 2010 10:05 pm  #2

Re: New option available for all Flag Counters!

Nice I would let you know how I am liking this feature in the next few days.

When will the data be showing

January 9, 2010 10:16 pm  #3

The data starts collecting as soon as you receive your first new visitor after changing your code.

I should add that having both versions of the same Flag Counter code on your site at the same time will not be recommended, and will have unpredictable results.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

January 11, 2010 8:08 pm  #4

Has anyone added this feature? I would like to see how it looks before installing mine...

January 12, 2010 3:55 am  #5

You can see an example of what it looks like by just going to the home page (www.flagcounter.com) and choosing "recent new countries" instead of "top countries".  As you customize the look and feel of the widget, you can see how the results will look based on the visitor data of www.flagcounter.com itself.

What I would like to see is a widget in which the flags are arranged by order of number of visitors (as in the "top countries" choice), but instead of number of visitors, I want to see how long ago someone from that country visited my site.  That way, I will not have the mess of duplicate flags I now see when I choose "recent new countries".

January 14, 2010 5:02 am  #6

Hello Jeremy,

First of all, thank you for coming up with Flag Counter.

I did try putting the new Flag Counter on my site to compare it with the original Flag Counter, but I found that there were too many Australian visitors to my site as it is geared to Brisbane buses - it looked absolutely awful! I can see that the new Flag Counter would look OK if the owner's website had an even spread of visitors, but for a website that has mainly visitors from one country, it is not so good.
Kind regards,
Dave in Brisbane Australia
http://david251.fotopic.net

January 19, 2010 3:43 pm  #7

Thank you Jeremy!! This is a very cool option/upgrade of the flagcounter.
PS. I see a bug where the '10 hours ago' is shown as '1 hour ago', but overall this is a very great option, thanks a lot

@Pillandia: Yes it is possible, just regenerate your HTML and pick the option of 'recent visitors'

January 21, 2010 7:03 pm  #8

I have been using this feature for a few days now and it looks very nice.

Thanks for you hard work Flagcounter Team.

January 23, 2010 5:05 am  #9

Now I know how I get it.

I got flag counters on those websites:
http://shannonm340.blogspot.com/
My Last.fm page

Board footera

Flag Counter