Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2010 3:41 pm  #1

if i regenerate code for my flag counter...

if i regenerate the code on my flag counter,(i want to add a larger number of flags to be shown)will it transfer my current visitor data over to the new one?
hope this was clear enough, thanks.

January 9, 2010 3:48 pm  #2

Re: if i regenerate code for my flag counter...

no flag info changes, just what you change,(how the counter is viewed)

January 9, 2010 4:26 pm  #3

great, thanks

January 9, 2010 4:30 pm  #4

ok just put the new one on my page.it isnt showing the same info as before, and in fact very little info, will taking the old one off change this?i dont want to unless im SURE that i wont lose old info.
my page is cordycepszombieswarm.blogspot.com           they are both in sidebar at bottom.maybe i need to edit the existing html manually?instead of clicking regenerate?

Last edited by darknessandwater (January 9, 2010 4:32 pm)

January 9, 2010 4:41 pm  #5

ok, what you did was create a NEW counter,,,I should have mentioned before, back up your main counter before you try any changes,,,now just delete the new one, next you have to regenerate the main counter from that counters page, in your case it is located directly under your last flag, Australia, hit regenerate and you will have all the options for numbers, colors, etc,   once you put that up you may need to delete the first one, again back it up when you are happy with it

January 9, 2010 4:49 pm  #6

i must be missing something.i clicked on the flag counter in my blog, then clicked on regenerate.then changed the colors and flag count.then copied the code, then went back and pasted the code in a new html/javascript widget.and what you see is what i got
ill try it once more.

Last edited by darknessandwater (January 9, 2010 4:59 pm)

January 9, 2010 5:00 pm  #7

still the same thing happening
the flag count is going up on both, if that helps you at all, but only adding new visitors to the new one, and not my old data

Last edited by darknessandwater (January 9, 2010 5:02 pm)

January 9, 2010 5:06 pm  #8

yeah I see what you mean, I tried to regenerate your counter, but it comes up with different flags, there is another option, but you need to follow it very carefully & back up the old one, try manually changing your settings  http://flagcounter.com/faq.html   if you have the backup then you will be ok if you mess it up, just try again, this will work, just you need to go into the about me page or where ever the code is kept

January 9, 2010 5:14 pm  #9

thanks, figured if i change it manually it might work, but wanted advice first.
much appreciated

January 9, 2010 5:16 pm  #10

it actually looks pretty cool on your page with the color combo & it looked to be working last I looked

Board footera

Flag Counter