Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2009 9:28 pm  #1

Private version of Flagcounter.

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing a very valuable free service.  I love the concept of flagcounters, but I don't want to reveal the traffic stats of my site to the entire world.  I would like to offer a suggestion:  make the widget display customizable:  either the regular flag display or a pie chart that displays percentage of visitors by country without revealing actual traffic counts.  Or give users the option to change the flag counter stats on display to percentages instead of real visitor counts.  Or the option of just displaying the flags without any stats next to them (the arrangement of the flags will still be in decreasing order of number of visitors, but the actual number of visitors will not be visible).

If the above options are not possible, is it possible to hide the flag counter widget on a Blogger page so that I can visit flagcounter for my stats when I want to, but the stats are not visible to my visitors on my blog.

If such an option is already available and I missed it, please do let me know.  thank you.

November 21, 2009 9:44 pm  #2

Re: Private version of Flagcounter.

OK, in case somebody else has similar needs as me, I found a partial workaround for now:  I set the background color, text color and border color all to the same value.  So, now, the flags appear, but the text next to them (that contains the visitor counts, etc.) is not visible to anyone.  I also changed the href code to point back to my site and have bookmarked the original href site so that I can still visit it for my stats, but my visitors can't click on the image to be taken to my stats.  You can see how my hack of the widget looks by visiting http://blogannath.blogspot.com/  .  Thank you.

November 21, 2009 9:46 pm  #3

Hi blogannath, welcome to the forum!

Well I think a private version is also a good choice, but since flagcounter does not have any login account, it might be a little bit problematic. Because then other people can also change the privacy of your flagcounter. But if this is added with login account, it might be a really good use.

Cheers

November 21, 2009 9:52 pm  #4

Thanks for your warm welcome, Grishend.  I understand that not having to register at Flagcounter is an advantage to some people too.  I think it would be a good idea to offer either a visible counter with no registration and also offer some kind of options to keep your stats private by requiring registration.  I hope such an option will be offered in the future.

November 21, 2009 10:01 pm  #5

If that will happen, I also would like a login to my flagcounter as well, but that decision is up to Jeremy

November 23, 2009 1:45 pm  #6

If we offer a private version, it will be Pro only.  We really don't want people modifying the code like you've described (and this actually is prohibited by our Terms), as this prevents people from visiting our site.  Our site contains our advertising, which pays the bills.  If everyone were to do this, we couldn't offer this service.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

November 23, 2009 3:44 pm  #7

Thanks for the clarification, Jeremy.  I will change the href to www.flagcounter.com so that visitors who click on it still reach your site, just not the specific page with my stats on it.  That way, hopefully, you will have the visitors to tout to your advertisers, and I will have my privacy, and we are all happy!

May 24, 2010 5:39 pm  #8

I just discovered this service.  It's very cool, and I would like to add it to my page.

blogannath hit my concern on the head.  While it shows number of viewers I won't use it.  If it could be modified to show percentages-only I would love to use this.

Board footera

Flag Counter