Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2009 11:58 am  #1

Time Zones...

Hello Jeremy,

I live in the Eastern Time Zone of the USA...and have noticed that around 9-10 pm my counter starts displaying hits for the next day.  Anyone else notice this?

JaneDoeDoe
http://www.sapphirefarms.com

JaneDoeDoe
Sapphire Farms

September 6, 2009 12:54 pm  #2

Re: Time Zones...

I think it's UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), read more here.

"UTC is the time system used for many Internet and World Wide Web standards. In particular, the Network Time Protocol, which is designed to synchronise the clocks of many computers over the Internet (usually to that of a known accurate atomic clock), uses UTC."

Also:

"UTC never changes with the seasons. The difference between UTC and the civil time in a particular time zone may change if the time zone jurisdiction observes daylight saving time (also known as summer). For example, the civil time on the east coast of the United States is 5 hours earlier than UTC in winter, but 4 hours earlier in summer."

UTC time now:

Current UTC (or GMT/Zulu)-time used: Sunday, 6 September 2009, 13:27:59
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.
Great Britain/United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC during summer.

Last edited by Notturno (September 6, 2009 1:28 pm)

September 6, 2009 2:05 pm  #3

www.myspace.com/andrusha1
Please Vizit

September 6, 2009 2:14 pm  #4

At 4am Georgian time FC starts displaying hits for the new day, because time in Georgia is UTC/GMT + 4

September 6, 2009 4:51 pm  #5

And is it somehow possible to adjust our Flagc-s to our time? Cause, I don't know when visitors were at my site

www.last.fm/user/Natul4ik

AddiCTed To MUSic

September 6, 2009 6:32 pm  #6

Yes, the times are GMT/UTC.  Since we don't have accounts here, there's no way to adjust the time of a whole Flag Counter.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

September 7, 2009 5:57 am  #7

Ah, thank you, Jeremy. And then is it possible to get your Flagcounter registered? 

www.last.fm/user/Natul4ik

AddiCTed To MUSic

October 24, 2009 11:39 am  #8

I've noticed something else: at midnight GMT/UTC time counter starts displaying hits for the following day OK but if you check Pageviews you'll see how 2-3 more hours pass for statistics of the previous day to load up & according to my calculations for, eg. October 23 views between midnight Oct. 23 GMT/UTC + 2-3h - midnight Oct. 24. GMT/UTC + 2-3h were taken into stats. just some useless info

Last edited by Notturno (October 24, 2009 11:40 am)

Board footera

Flag Counter