Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2009 5:47 pm  #1

French Guiana

How come French Guiana doesn't have a distinctive flag by itself?  I just got a new visitor from this small South American country, but the flag represented is the same as French flag.

September 22, 2009 5:53 pm  #2

Re: French Guiana

Because it is still a part of france.

September 22, 2009 5:54 pm  #3

It's an outer territory of France, it has no flag itself. Same case as Martinica, Guadalupe, French Southern Territories and some more.

September 22, 2009 6:06 pm  #4

zakur wrote:

It's an outer territory of France, it has no flag itself. Same case as Martinica, Guadalupe, French Southern Territories and some more.

That's not true.  I've had visitors from Martinique and Guadalupe (both French territories), and they have two distinctive flags apart from French flag, thus I posted the question for French Guiana.

September 22, 2009 6:14 pm  #5

but not all islands from france have a different flag reunion have the french flag too.

September 23, 2009 5:54 pm  #6

French Guiana is not an island (it borders Brazil :D)

And I think that the "french guianian" people shoudl develop at least a flag for them, because they're a way bigger than small territories, such as martinique or Réunion. By the way, I think it's the second bigger oversea dependence, isn't it? (Losing to Greenland, only)

[url=last.fm/user/gui_augusto]My last.fm[/url]
My trilingual blog

September 23, 2009 6:11 pm  #7

@gui_augusto i know that it is not an island, i mean that not all french islands have the french flag and i dont know why.

btw i think french guyana is the third biggest oversea territory i believe Belize is bigger but i am not sure^^

September 23, 2009 6:51 pm  #8

blub002 wrote:

btw i think french guyana is the third biggest oversea territory i believe Belize is bigger but i am not sure^^

I believe Belize is an independent country - it might be the only English speaking country in Central/Latin America, though.

September 23, 2009 6:59 pm  #9

Btw², Belize is a way smaller than F.Guiana.

[url=last.fm/user/gui_augusto]My last.fm[/url]
My trilingual blog

September 23, 2009 8:14 pm  #10

ahh my fault, i thought belize is still a part of uk.
and i agree with you gui_augusto i have match both at wikipedia and you are right french guyana is bigger i just have read it wrong;)

Board footera

Flag Counter