Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2017 4:03 pm  #1

How To Make Flag Counter Stop Counting Own View

Hi, I'm new at Flag Counter. Sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm wondering if there's any clear explanation step-by-step to make flag counter flag stop counting my own view which came from mine. I had read FAQ but it only said 

"To set a cookie so that your own visits won't be counted, visit the Flag Counter Management section for your counter. Or, if you did not register your counter, scroll to the very bottom of the first page reached after clicking on your counter image, and click the small "Ignore this browser" link at the very bottom of the page. 

Where to register the counter? I only registered to Forum section. I can't find where is flag counter management and can't find "Ignore this browser" link.

Thank you in advance.  

March 28, 2017 10:41 pm  #2

Re: How To Make Flag Counter Stop Counting Own View

Hi ReijiC,

The information in the FAQ is correct. If you did not register your counter, you will see the link at the very bottom of the page after you click on your counter.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

June 8, 2017 4:46 pm  #3

Julio
Hello. I'm new to Flag Counter. How do I add the counter code to each page so that the page appears in the statistics? I added to the end of the page link, but is not counted. Thank you.

June 14, 2017 8:20 pm  #4

I had this problem 2 seconds ago! It's really easy! 

1.Click your flag counter
2.Scroll to bottom left
3.Click "blah blah blah ignore browser"
Done.

July 12, 2018 8:52 pm  #5

Help! Newbie!   I created flag for website... all is good!  But it counted me... when I click on link I get a page with 'Log in to Flag Counter Manager
When I click on that, it has a random Flag Counter ID, and a password required (it doesn't take my password).   I cannot find a way to login & find the Flag Counter Management at the same time.   

Is it because the flag counter is 10 minutes old... am I impatient?   I like me, but don't want to count me.   Also, will it gather history??   :D  Thanks!

July 13, 2018 12:27 am  #6

Hi erfox,

Are you entering the password that was emailed to you? Have you tried the reset password link?

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

July 13, 2018 1:11 am  #7

I can login with my id & created password (I reset from one sent).... but the link takes me to a 4 letter ID, and my password doesn't work.   does each flag counter created need a different (sent) password?  I created 2 of them, one for states and another for countries.

July 14, 2018 9:58 pm  #8

Hi erfox1,

I'm still not sure I understand. The Flag Counter Management section will already have a username filled in. You will not enter a username. And yes, each counter has its own password.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

July 18, 2018 8:27 am  #9

erfox1 wrote:

Help! Newbie!   I created flag for website... all is good!  But it counted me... when I click on link I get a page with 'Log in to Flag Counter Manager
When I click on that, it has a random Flag Counter ID, and a password required (it doesn't take my password).   I cannot find a way to login & find the Flag Counter Management at the same time.   

Is it because the flag counter is 10 minutes old... am I impatient?   I like me, but don't want to count me.   Also, will it gather history??   :D  Thanks!

If the cookie are set on your computer, your own view will be counted only once. You will not see additional visits. Another option is to block all trackers or at least the flagcounter tracker on your browser, this will have the side effect that your view will not be registered by any flagcounter as long as the blocking is in effect.

Board footera

Flag Counter