Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2015 2:03 pm  #1

Add Continent filters

Hello,

Nice service, I have a small request for your stats;

Can you add a new filter where visitors are regroup in continent (Europe, Asia, Africa,...) ?
Would give a nice insight about traffic,

Thanks;

Regards,

May 21, 2018 6:54 am  #2

Re: Add Continent filters

Nice Idea. Five Continents. 
America, Asia, Europe, Africa And  Oceania-polynesia

hors service pour le moment 
außer Betrieb
Fuori servizio 
no working 

May 24, 2018 8:39 am  #3

I do not think it is possible, because of the fact that there are sovereign countries with the territory in more than a continent.
For example, Panama is in North America and South America. Besides, I remember there are 3 countries in Europe and in Asia (Russia, Kazakhstan and Turkey) and at least 2 in Africa and Asia (Egypt and Yemen)... what a turmoil
Even in the "regional flags" there would be some technical problems. In Italy (country of Europe) there is Sicily (region of Italy) containing 2 inhabited islands in the African continent (Lampedusa and Linosa).

P.S.

jacoibo5731 wrote:

Even the number of the continents is disputed. Some say they are officially 7 (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica), other people say they are 6 (America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica) and there is also the theory of 5: America, Eurasia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica.

May 27, 2018 7:37 pm  #4

Traffictwister wrote:

I do not think it is possible, because of the fact that there are sovereign countries with the territory in more than a continent.
For example, Panama is in North America and South America. Besides, I remember there are 3 countries in Europe and in Asia (Russia, Kazakhstan and Turkey) and at least 2 in Africa and Asia (Egypt and Yemen)... what a turmoil
Even in the "regional flags" there would be some technical problems. In Italy (country of Europe) there is Sicily (region of Italy) containing 2 inhabited islands in the African continent (Lampedusa and Linosa).

P.S.

jacoibo5731 wrote:

Even the number of the continents is disputed. Some say they are officially 7 (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica), other people say they are 6 (America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica) and there is also the theory of 5: America, Eurasia, Africa, Oceania and Antarctica.

Very intresting. But where is the frontier/border between South and N America? And Central America? I like all theories. I love Geography. Even San Andrés and Old Providence Colombia is in Central America instead Continental South American Colombia. I am in Bogotá CO. Thank you. 

außer Betrieb
Fuori servizio 
no working 

May 27, 2018 7:39 pm  #5

jacoibo5731 wrote:

Traffictwister wrote:

P.S.

jacoibo5731 wrote:

Very intresting. But where is the frontier/border between South and N America? And Central America? I like all theories. I love Geography. Even San Andrés and Old Providence Colombia is in Central America instead Continental South American Colombia. I am in Bogotá CO. Thank you. 

Can you make a Standlone FC for Colombia? If is is possible I will by PRO VERSION. 
Thank you again. 

außer Betrieb
Fuori servizio 
no working 

May 28, 2018 4:01 pm  #6

jacoibo5731 wrote:

... Very intresting. But where is the frontier/border between South and N America? And Central America? I like all theories. I love Geography. Even San Andrés and Old Providence Colombia is in Central America instead Continental South American Colombia. I am in Bogotá CO. Thank you.

The border between North America and South America is considered the Panama Canal (thus, a part of the Republic of Panama lies in the North and another part in the South). "Central America" is never considered a continent, yet as a part of North America. It is funny the question of Trinidad and Tobago: it arrives almost to touch the coast of Venezuela (South America), but since it is all an insular country it is considered "Caribbean" and, thus, "North America".
San Andrés is another of question related to my previous message: it belongs to the Republic of Colombia ("South America"), but it is in the continent of "North America"
Finally, I have found this interesting animation, that is a kind of summary of the theories of the continents.

Board footera

Flag Counter