Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2018 10:49 am  #1

Populate to map counter?

Hello All -

I have been using the Top Country flag counter for quite some time.  I copied and pasted the 'map' flag counter thinking that it would automatically grab the flags from the other counter, but it did not.  I currently have 63 flags collected in the Top Country counter.  Is it possible to somehow populate the map counter from the top country counter?  If I am able to do this, can someone please instruct me how this can be accomplished.  Thanks!

Rich

April 11, 2018 3:03 am  #2

Re: Populate to map counter?

Hi richlw,

Please use your counter's Regenerate HTML tool to create a code for the style of counter you would like to display.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

April 11, 2018 10:39 am  #3

Jeremy wrote:

Hi richlw,

Please use your counter's Regenerate HTML tool to create a code for the style of counter you would like to display.

Initially I got the code for the Top Country display which currently has 63 flags on it - I still have that counter on my QRZ page.  Recently I got the code for the 'Map' display and also have that on my QRZ page.  So both counters are being displayed.  What I was wondering is can I in some way populate the flags I currently have on the Top Country display to the Map display.

Thanks,

Rich

April 11, 2018 3:19 pm  #4

MODIFYING YOUR FLAG COUNTER

We've made it very simple to make changes to your Flag Counter. You can change your counter's colors, add columns, and much more, at any time. If you have an unregistered Flag Counter, on the bottom of any of your statistics pages (reached after clicking on your counter) there is a "Regenerate HTML" link. If you've registered your Flag Counter, log in to the Flag Counter Management section to find the "Regenerate Flag Counter" link. Just follow that link and you'll be modifying your existing Flag Counter, and can update all of your colors and settings choices, or even switch between Flag Counter versions. When you're finished, just swap out your old HTML code with the new code and you'll be all set!

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

April 11, 2018 7:59 pm  #5

Jeremy wrote:

MODIFYING YOUR FLAG COUNTER

We've made it very simple to make changes to your Flag Counter. You can change your counter's colors, add columns, and much more, at any time. If you have an unregistered Flag Counter, on the bottom of any of your statistics pages (reached after clicking on your counter) there is a "Regenerate HTML" link. If you've registered your Flag Counter, log in to the Flag Counter Management section to find the "Regenerate Flag Counter" link. Just follow that link and you'll be modifying your existing Flag Counter, and can update all of your colors and settings choices, or even switch between Flag Counter versions. When you're finished, just swap out your old HTML code with the new code and you'll be all set!

I followed your directions - logged in Flag Counter, clicked the 'regenerate' HTML, clicked 'map' version.  Deleted the old code, and insterted the new code, clicked 'saved'.  No change  The 'map' counter shows 2 flags, the 'top country' shows 4,672 page views, with 63 flags.  Maybe I should delete the top country, and just use Map?

Thanks,

Rich

April 11, 2018 8:09 pm  #6

Hi richlw,

You need to regenerate the code for your original counter that has 63 flags, not the new one that was just created.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

April 12, 2018 11:08 am  #7

Jeremy wrote:

Hi richlw,

You need to regenerate the code for your original counter that has 63 flags, not the new one that was just created.

This is getting frustrating.  I 'tried' to log in to flag counter, now I get an error that the password is wrong.  I wrote down the password when I registered - tried three times, same error.  So I clicked "forgot password" in an effort to retrieve my password and yet another error telling me the site does not recognize my email address.

April 12, 2018 7:15 pm  #8

Hi richlw,

What is the address of your website or original counter? I did not find any counters associated with your forum email address.

There is not a way to log into "Flag Counter," there is only a way to log into the management section for a particular counter. If you registered your original counter, you will log into that counter. If you did not register that original counter, you will use the "Regenerate HTML" link on that counter as described above.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter