Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2018 8:20 pm  #1

Help !!!

HTML code loaded and on the page, looks like I want.
However, it is only tracking 2 country flags .. visit count looks correct.
But, only US and Canada flag apprears ... no other countries are generating flags on the counter.
I tested it myself by changing my VPN to UK, and visited the page .. it tracked me a 'visit; however no UK flag generated.
I have tried this 4 times thinking the HTML code was broken, 4 diffrent counters (accounts), all with same result.
Support does not respond ... what is the problem?

Last edited by Duck (January 18, 2018 8:45 pm)

January 23, 2018 3:15 am  #2

Re: Help !!!

Hi Duck,

I see that we have responded to your emails about this subject.Your issue sounds like your provider is causing external content to load through a proxy server.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

January 23, 2018 4:28 am  #3

Re: Help !!!

Yes, I think your right.

The counter triggers a USA flag on the first visit from that country, and it also seems to track the correct number under that US flag.
The proxy server must be located in the USA?

What is puzzling, the ‘total visit counter seems to be working correctly, tracking 3-4 times the number of visits under the USA flag.
That would indicate it is counting total page hits from all counties.
But sadly, other country visits will NOT produce a ‘new’ country flag, only the USA flag shows up.

Is there anything the hosting site can do to allow that missing information to launch ‘new’ flags?
It is tracking total views, but not allowing the ID of the visitor’s country to show through to the counter?

Thanks,

Duck

Board footera

Flag Counter