Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2017 11:19 am  #1

Flag counter disappeared

I need some help please! A few days ago I created a number of flag counters for three call signs - to be used mainly for QRZ.com and HamQTH. The counters for my own two call signs on QRZ (5P9R and OZ5XN) works fine on QRZ. But the counter for OZ7IGY (a club beacon station) also worked fine for a couple of days - and then disappeared. The other ones still work. The HTML code is properly in place. After testing several times - trying various browsers etc. - regenerated and re-inserted the HTML code - still doesn't work. Of course all counters have separate registrations. Strange! None of them works on HamQTH (it is not that important) - but I would like the one on OZ7IGY to work on QRZ.Any help please? ​Thanks in advance.

February 24, 2017 11:03 pm  #2

Re: Flag counter disappeared

Hi OZ5XN,

Your HTML code has been modified to include: style="display:none !important"

This causes the counter not to display.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 25, 2017 1:00 am  #3

Hi Jeremy,

​Thanks for your reply! Yes, I can see that.  But I haven't changed anything! If I remove it from the HTML code - it appears again after saving the file. And if re-generate and insert the new code (without the Style="Display:none !important") - it continue to appear by itself after saving the file. So: Why is that - where does it come from - and what can I do to make it work? It drives me crazy.   

February 25, 2017 5:02 pm  #4

Hi OZ5XN,

Unfortunately that is not something that we have any control over. It is certainly not coming from us. You might consider contacting your website provider.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

February 25, 2017 5:28 pm  #5

Hi Jeremy,
You are right - it's not at problem from Flag Counter. After various tests I figured out that the problem must be with QRZ. However after testing with my counter from another account inserted - it worked. Then I removed "none !" from "Style="Display:none !important" in the original HTML file - and then it worked (even if we have lost some visits). It's still a mystery for me why it happens - and what makes QRZ to insert the "Style" part in the file. But for now I'll just wait, see and hope.

Thanks again. :-)  

Board footera

Flag Counter