Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2016 9:08 pm  #1

My French Flag Is Unknown And Fewer Regions In France

Hello,
Why my flag is 'unknown" when I visit you ?
I don't know if it's due to my browser or my antivirus program.
I should be happy to help you !
Second point : French regions are now fewer (13 regions vs 22 since January 2016). Do you intend to change FC ?
Thanks.

November 25, 2016 8:33 pm  #2

Re: My French Flag Is Unknown And Fewer Regions In France

I don't understand your problem. You have a "free counter" version on your website. Even your site's back end provides no information of a pro version which might allow a hidden placement of the pro counter.

The free version doesn't provide regional flags for other countries than US and Canada. Means, you can't see French regions with the counter on you site.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

November 26, 2016 2:24 pm  #3

Thanks Jens,
My English is not fluent. I have not really a problem.
When I visit somebody who uses FC Pro, I see that my flag is not registered on his site with my french region but as "unknown". So, my visit is not identify as coming from Rhône Alpes Region.
I would just like to understand why. The goal is to help FC Pro users to get a visit from this french region.
My question does not concern my own FC. I know that only US and canadian regions are shown.
And I mention that now we have less regions in France (13 regions instead of 22 last year) and their name is often changed too. All the best !

November 26, 2016 2:42 pm  #4

Oh, now I understand your concerns. The reason why your visit is not been registered a Rhône Alpes Region is the location of your own server. I have the same problem when I'm in a hotel in Nice or so. The regions differ from unknown to the area where the server of the hotel is located.  So, you can't do nothing to change that. It depends on your internet service provider.

I don't have an answer on your second question. Jeremy might have substantial reasons to change the regions. It is possible that IP ranges of a particular region belong now to another region and both regions might be merged.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

January 6, 2017 5:33 am  #5

In 2014, the French parliament passed a law reducing the number of metropolitan regions from 22 to 13 with effect from 1 January 2016.
The law gives interim names for most of the new regions by combining the names of the former regions, e.g. the region composed of 
AquitainePoitou-Charentes and Limousin is Aquitaine-Limousin-Poitou-Charentes. However, the combined region of Upper and Lower Normandy is simply called "Normandy" (Normandie). Permanent names were to be proposed by the new regional councils by 1 July 2016 and new names confirmed by the Conseil d'État by 30 September 2016. legislation defining the new regions also allowed the Centre region to officially change its name to "Centre-Val de Loire" with effect from January 2015. Two regions, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, opted to retain their interim names.
© 
wikipedia

I think Mr. Jeremy we can add seven new enlarged regions of France (some of them have a temporary name): 1. Bourgogne-Franche-Comté 2. Nouvelle-Aquitaine 3. Normandy  4. Grand Est 5. Occitanie 6. Hauts-de-France 7. Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.

January 6, 2017 5:38 am  #6

The names of old regions remain with those members who had to obtain them. But they will be excluded from the list of missing regions. Jeremy has such experience, when to amend the list of regions of Russia.

January 6, 2017 6:23 pm  #7

Thanks Yolkin !
Your are right.
I suppose that the solution is to preserve visits on former regions (and stop to register next visits) and create new regions. It won't be easy. If you need information about new french organization, I can help you.

January 7, 2017 5:31 pm  #8

Muchas veces puede tratarse de un virus, por eso no se ve, o no se registra
Carla Mila

January 9, 2017 5:43 am  #9

carlamila wrote:

Muchas veces puede tratarse de un virus, por eso no se ve, o no se registra
Carla Mila

Now we do not have a moderator and very soon  the forum will be covered with a thick such spam.

Last edited by Yolkin (January 9, 2017 5:54 am)

January 9, 2017 5:45 am  #10

All visits from France after December 17, 2016 are called Unknown France. This is normal?

Board footera

Flag Counter