Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2014 11:45 pm  #1

How does this happen?

I recently requested some flags in the Request Flags forum. One person replied that they visited from multiple countries:

Sure enough, my FlagCounte stats show that someone visited my blog from Bolivia and Guatamala today. But how did this person visit from more than one country?

In the past I have asked Wordpress (who hosts my blog) why their country stats don't match the stats I see on FlagCounter. For example, Wordpress does not show that I received any visitors from these two countries today. Wordpress's response to me was that FlagCounter is not accurate. They implied that FlagCounter will often make up false statistics to drum up business. 

After seeing this reply to my request for visitors I'm inclined to believe them.

Can someone from FlagCounter please respond.

Thanks. 

Please visit me. I visit back. No proxies please!!
https://ksean824.wordpress.com/

October 18, 2014 12:05 am  #2

Re: How does this happen?

The person that gave you the flags used a proxy server, it's as simple as that,  but since we are not allowed to talk about it, i wont.

Rest assured, flagcounter is much more accurate than wordpress if it is used correctly.

Can i also suggest in future if you want actual visitors to your site, and are not just collecting the flags which a lot of users do, you mention that when requesting otherwise users will think you are collecting the flags, and will consider it helpful to give you more than one that you are missing.!

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

October 18, 2014 12:07 am  #3

What you are saying corroborates Wordpress's claims: your stats do not reflect the true locations of the visitors to my site. They are fabricated. Hence, you are NOT more accurate than they are. Your reply openly admits that. 

October 18, 2014 12:09 am  #4

dude, anyone can use a proxy server. the hit that goes on your counter depends on the ip of the person hitting you. if somebody is using an ip in iceland then you get a flag from iceland, and that will also be true for any other counter you wish to name.

October 18, 2014 12:12 am  #5

i am a software guy so I understand proxy servers. nevertheless, wordpress is apparently able and willing to reject proxy hits when counting visitor locations. that is not impossible to do, as you know. proxies can be identified. what you are saying, dude, is that FlagCounter doesn't do this. You count hits from ips you know are spoofed. And this, despite the fact that your website states:

"Every time someone from a new country visits your site, a flag will be added to your counter". This is not true, is it?

Last edited by ksean (October 18, 2014 12:14 am)

October 18, 2014 12:20 am  #6

I dont understand what your problem is? You come on here asking how is this possible? ive told you. but your a software guy, so really you should have known that anyway, and as i said, if you want actual visitors on your site then all you have to do is say so when you request, instead of coming on here, moaning about how bad and inacurate the service is that you dont pay for in the first place.
FC has lots of paying customers, who have used the service for years, and are more than happy with it, and its a damn site more acurate than any other stat counter ive tried. Feel free to go and try a few, see what you think.

October 18, 2014 12:26 am  #7

My problem is your miseading your customers - paying or not. You are not adding a flag when someone visits from a country. you are adding a flag when someone pretends to visit from a country. that is lying. 

Not to mention your customer service - as evidenced by your replies - sucks. You are contemptuous, angry, defensive... not exactly words that go with customer service. 

Then of course there are the contradictions. You openly admitted that FC is not more accurate than WP by divulging that you don't filter out known spoofed proxies. Yet you claim WP and every other counter is less accurate than you. False. 

Thanks for this information. I'll be taking your inaccurate flag counter off my site. 

October 18, 2014 12:34 am  #8

I dont work for flagcounter, so you cant stop moaning about the customer service as well as the product.
I answered your questions as to why somebody gave you more than 1 flag.

And every other counter im aware of does not filter proxy ips. and how do you define a known spoofed proxy? Many people including myself use a proxy a lot of the time for various reasons, maybe you should mention this when asking people to go out of their way to give you a flag, which you may or may not be grateful for depending on their location.

I bet you're one of these people that write to the press when somebody says something on tv you don't like lol.

Have a nice day, i do hope you visit us again soon.

October 18, 2014 11:17 am  #9

Hahahahahahahaha, I love this. I haven't laughed this much in weeks.

https://s05.flagcounter.com/more/MECnk/

251/251 countries and 3,847/3,847 flags collected.

October 18, 2014 12:42 pm  #10

The counter was deleted from ksean's site. Thus, the link provided at his signature violated against the Forum Rules.
Consequently, I deleted the link and I will be closing the topic as well.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

Board footera

Flag Counter