Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2014 8:38 pm  #1

Flag counter not counting properly?

Hello,
I think I might be having trouble with my Flag Counter.
According to Blogger, in the last two hours, I've had 11 visitors from the US, 6 from Argentina and 5 from Italy. In my counter, only 3 visitors from Argentina are showing. Could you help me solve this problem? Thank you in advance!
Also, I've read somewhere else that if someone had already visited your blog before you created your Flag Counter and that person visits your blog again, it's not going to count as a visitor, because it's not a "new" visit. Is this true? If so, is there any way to fix this?
I'll be looking forward to your response!

September 14, 2014 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Flag counter not counting properly?

According to Blogger, in the last two hours, I've had 11 visitors from the US, 6 from Argentina and 5 from Italy. In my counter, only 3 visitors from Argentina are showing. Could you help me solve this problem? Thank you in advance!

Different counters lead to different results, I don't think there is any "problem" here. They simply count visitors in different ways

I've read somewhere else that if someone had already visited your blog before you created your Flag Counter and that person visits your blog again, it's not going to count as a visitor

Not true, it will count

September 14, 2014 8:45 pm  #3

Hi turinconargentino,

Have you added your counter to every page that Blogger is tracking?  It is not true that someone will not be counted if they've visited before you added your counter.  We have no way of knowing who has visited in the past.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

September 14, 2014 9:49 pm  #4

Jeremy wrote:

Have you added your counter to every page that Blogger is tracking?

I added the html code to the sidebar, so no matter where you click or what post entry you're reading, the counter is always showing. Do I need to add it somewhere else?
The link is turinconargentino.blogspot.com.ar in case you want to check the placement of the counter.

Jeremy wrote:

We have no way of knowing who has visited in the past

Oh, alright. I thought it had something to do with Cookies.

September 14, 2014 9:53 pm  #5

B3ckie wrote:

Different counters lead to different results, I don't think there is any "problem" here. They simply count visitors in different ways

I can understand that numbers may vary a little, but what I don't understand is why the counter is showing just one out of the three countries that have visited my blog. The US and Italy, for instance, don't show up.

September 15, 2014 12:35 pm  #6

turinconargentino wrote:

B3ckie wrote:

I can understand that numbers may vary a little, but what I don't understand is why the counter is showing just one out of the three countries that have visited my blog. The US and Italy, for instance, don't show up.

Ah I thought the problem was just for the other country.
If the counter is not on every page (let's say it's just on the HP), maybe they didn't visit it / load it
Or maybe they ended up as unknown country / proxy?
Maybe they're bot visitors that FC don't register?
Maybe they had very bad internet or left befoe the image loaded?
Maybe maybe maybe maybe?
Lots of things could have happened tbh but it's sure that if a person visit ur blog (READ: loads the flagcounter image) it is going to count (nothing can prevent this really)

Board footera

Flag Counter