Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2014 3:49 pm  #1

Deletion of possible/impossible countries

If western sahara is now deleted, why not delete everything thats impossible?
or is this by request only?   

i don't see why any flag should get deleted personally, if it WAS possible it should remain.
just my opinion

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

July 23, 2014 4:18 pm  #2

Re: Deletion of possible/impossible countries

It's only deleted from the "Missing Countries" list m8

July 23, 2014 4:22 pm  #3

B3ckie wrote:

It's only deleted from the "Missing Countries" list m8

yes thats exactly my point. because its been marked as unavailable its been removed.

July 23, 2014 5:35 pm  #4

Although I have collected all, I would prefer a solution which lists the missing flags and indicates which flag(s) is/are currently impossible.
I know that would result more work for Jeremy but it should be feasible with the support of the community.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

July 23, 2014 6:07 pm  #5

Okay, to discuss this in more detail and to hopefully make it clear to people who really don't know whats involved here.................

Western Sahara has been removed from the "needed" due to a users request, which was most probably due to the fact that its on my "impossible" list and also marked as "impossible" on my website.

This country has never been available by conventional means, but we wont go into that........
My point being just because its now "impossible" that doesnt mean it wont be possible again in the future. Other flags have also been removed... Antarctica for one. This flag is 100% collectible by anyone who wants it (although again, not by conventional means)... yet others have been left on the list, Christmas Island for one. Which leads to the "consistency" question.

The impossible list and also Flagcentral.org are updated as and when we are aware that a country or regions status has changed. It's easy with countries, but very difficult with regions, as they are available one week, and not the following week, which is why if anyone gets a flag its deemed as possible. The only exception to this is if a region is removed from the database which has happened with the two Russian regions on the list. These are 100% unobtainable, and will remain as such. The other regions however are just regions that nobody has managed to collect yet, and its highly possible that a lot of them are possible, just very rare and hard to find, or they will become available in the future.

The bottom line as far as im concerned is that NO flag be it a country or a region should be removed unless they are deemed DEAD, with no chance of a comeback.
This should only apply to:
Netherlands Antilles, and the Rusian regions of Komi-Permyatskiy AO & Ust-Orda Buryatia all three of which are long gone. Any other flag country or region ARE technically possible as they have valid iso codes.

Have a nice day!

July 23, 2014 9:47 pm  #6

I dont see what the big fuss is ?

Why should I see a flag that I can't collect in my missing list? HM and BV were never in the said list although I don't have them, seeing there EH alone was odd, right?

This isn't a permanent change _i guess_ so when/if those will be available again they can be readded to the missing flags...

About regions I dunno it doesnt (can't) bother me and I guess you're right

I do agree on your point like Antarctica (& others) which are not shown in that list although they are still collectable. The "unconventional means" is not the reason since countries like Svalbard or CX which are impossible through real visit are there ... This would need a fix IMHO and it causes "HEY GUYS I HAVE 220 FLAGS BUT ONLY 25 ON MY MISSING LIST WHAT IS THE MAX OF FLAGS IS IT 245"

Agreed on Netherland Antilles, and I guess on those 2 RU regions

So MY bottom line (TL;DR)
1. If possible add the still collectable flags that right now are not showing in the "Missing Flags", they SHOULD be: AQ, UM, CC, GS, TF, PN
2a. Remove EH from missing list (this already happened ) and eventually re-add it (or HM or BV) if they are available again
OR
2b. Re-add EH, BV and HM already since it's already explained in this forum that they are not collectable at the moment

P.s. they are just suggestions

July 23, 2014 10:03 pm  #7

There is no big fuss, im merely pointing out the situation and inconsistencies regarding this issue.

If they didnt die, then they should be left.
If they died then remove them.

simple as that in my opinion, but why some are on the list, and some arent is a bit baffling.

Board footera

Flag Counter