Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2014 7:24 am  #1

Statistics - History

Hello

I created my counter yesterday and reset it as initially it was showing me statistics from this site probably with 100'000's of hits.  But I have a couple of issues, when I go to my flag statistics page, it shows me the same flags as my web pages yes but it shows me a history going back years which obviously is incorrect, why is that ?

Also I just want to make sure of something, am a little dubious about one particular flag, it claims I had 16 visits from the Philippines since yesterday, yesterday I only installed the counter code on one part of my website (I also set my settings so a repeat visit be only recorded again after 7 days).  My website gets very little traffic plus I can check IP addresses in my web logs and am sure no one from the Philippines visited the pages on which the counter was installed (I can believe one yes) but not 16 different IP addresses.  So the question is, is the counter really only counting who visited the pages where the code (picture) is or is it counting visitors or spider/crawlers to my stats page here, in which case it would defy the purpose completely. 

Would appreciate a clarification..thanks

March 19, 2014 9:51 am  #2

Re: Statistics - History

Please can you provide the counter address?

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

March 19, 2014 10:33 am  #3

Hi

My counter address on here is (can't post a formatted link) /more/koo on s01.flagcounter.com/

Thanks

March 19, 2014 10:47 am  #4

okay, I will forward it to the Admin's attention.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

March 19, 2014 9:44 pm  #5

Hi DJBear,

I would suggest taking a look at the visitor log section and see who is viewing your counter.  You can also use the "Allowed Sites" feature in the Flag Counter Management to enter your domain name to be sure that it is only your site logging the hits.  I took a look at your visitor log and the last several hundred hits were all from the same site.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

March 20, 2014 5:41 am  #6

hi

thanks for checking things out, I now notice the wrong history is gone and set back to 0 and I also since then used the restricting sites option and haven't noticed anything out of ordinary since

thanks again

Board footera

Flag Counter