Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2013 8:07 pm  #1

1000s of visitors disappearing and returning!

Hi!

At one stage today I had lost (minus) 155,000 unique visitors and most of my countries!  Every time I check the situation changes.  Plus the 'newest country' on the counter compared with the detail don't match?

Is this unique to me?

Baffled - please help!

David    

February 28, 2013 8:17 pm  #2

Re: 1000s of visitors disappearing and returning!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a job for the flag master (Jeremy) !

On The 8th Day God Created A Megamix, & The Heavens Danced.

February 28, 2013 9:32 pm  #3

I agree!  It's far better than it was, but I reckon I've still lost more than 50 flags and 5 countries!  At one stage today it said I had "no new visitors" - whereas earlier in the day I had 500+.

Thanks, my friend.

David  

February 28, 2013 10:17 pm  #4

I am also with this problem (s08/hnp)  I collected 1802 regional flags (1533 flags now) and i had all 248 countries collected. last newest country was Sint Maarten. (now 223 countries) and 10000s of visitors disappearing and returning or lost.

249/249 Countries/Domains and 1851 Flags collected.
www.europa-irc.de - www.europa-irc.eu 

February 28, 2013 11:14 pm  #5

Yes - I am on the same domain and have "lost" Sint Maarten and other countries!  Hopefuly someone can recover this?

New flags and new countries are exciting to us - so to lose them without a plan for rectification is distubing!  As we pay a fee for this, I hope that rectification is VERY soon!  I still await an explaination!

David

February 28, 2013 11:35 pm  #6

My Counter is now back with the right numbers by quick check, but without all the visits of the last 7-8 hours. Please check it. Thanks.

249/249 Countries/Domains and 1851 Flags collected.
www.europa-irc.de - www.europa-irc.eu 

February 28, 2013 11:47 pm  #7

Thanks!  Just checked - and my "latest country" is not my latest country.  I have lost many subsequent countries!  Many flags have returned - but how do we know if ALL have been rectified without an explaination? It takes MONTHS to "earn" the last few countries - and, for me, they appear to be lost.  And we need to obtain the "credit" for visits from the last 7-8 hours!

David  

March 1, 2013 2:34 am  #8

I am looking into this now.  It looks like you are both on s08 and both Pro users.  I do not know what has occurred at this time, but the addition of regional flags was rather complicated, so it could be related.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

March 1, 2013 2:34 am  #9

LondonBobTog,

It looks like your counter is showing 238 countries, I am not seeing that you have had more than that in the past.  Was it showing less than that?

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

March 1, 2013 3:15 am  #10

I have rebooted s08.  It seems it may have been a filesystem malfunction. 

We serve a lot of data from RAM and there is some fault protection built into the system which will recopy data from disk if there is a problem sensed with the data.  That is why you may have seen changing data. 

Everything seems to be normal at this time.  Please post if there are any further problems.  Unfortunately, we don't have a way of adding in visitors that may have been missed during a period when there were problems.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

Board footera

Flag Counter