Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2010 9:40 pm  #1

Let Wales register their own flag!

Having recently met a decent individual online through Board Game Geek from Wales, I was disturbed to learn that he could not post his flag on my flag counter b/c he was being lumped in with Britain's flag. Please could we look into letting the Welsh show their unique identity by allowing them to fly their own flag?   (This one's for you Tim and all other Welshmen that deserve to be know as such)

January 8, 2010 9:58 pm  #2

Re: Let Wales register their own flag!

I am the decent individual that meepleman84 refers to and I would just like to say that I fully endorse his proposition that the flag counter should recognize the Welsh people and their accompanying flag. It's a very nice flag. It has a reg dragon on it and in my opinion there aren't nearly enough flags with such a motif being hoisted up the world's flag-poles. It would be an almighty shame if not more people got the opportunity to see it. Please can the Welsh flag be added to the flag counter.

Regards and happy flag-flying to you all.

Tim.

January 22, 2010 5:06 pm  #3

I wholeheartedly agree with Tim. Wales should be able to show their unique identity and contribution to the world by being able to have their own flag on flag counter. The Welsh flag is superb as are the Welsh people. Please support this suggestion. I also think Scotland and Northen Ireland should be allowed to show their own flags.

Bye the way i am English. 

Please visit my blog. Subscribe if you wish or just leave a message.

http://wissyweb.blogspot.com/

Have a look at my blog. Leave a comment on any of the subjects if they interest you. Constructive criticism always welcome! Even subscribe to my blog if you wish.

www.wissyweb.blogspot.com

January 29, 2010 7:24 am  #4

I am greatly disappointed to learn certain flags are not being included in my flag counts. I agree with the other forum posters; flags of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland should be represented and shown. After all, I want to know where my visitors are really from. It's actually quite alarming to me, if this is intentional.

Furthermore, how can you claim accuracy if these (or others) aren't being properly shown, as they rightly should be? I love my new flag counter... however, this inaccuracy should be fixed. I only wish to communicate this fault and hope it will be resolved.

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion.
Warm Greetings to all!
Rick B. Proud Flag Counter User

Last edited by twinfreak (April 27, 2010 2:57 pm)

January 29, 2010 5:52 pm  #5

Since first initiating this forum, I have also heard (see above) that northern Ireland and Scotland can be added to Wales in the list of countries who show up as the UK instead of their individual countries. I do not want them to be left out of this discussion. And while we are at it, why not let England post their flag on flag counter as well?

I understand that the source that Flag Counter uses may lump all of them together as the UK or perhaps it is hard to distinguish IP addresses, etc.......but, if there is any way at all, I think that Flag Counter would do themselves a service in offering these people the use of their individual flags.

Please join with us to see this change happen!

August 17, 2010 6:44 pm  #6

I would like to agree with all those supporting our disappointment by not having a Welsh Flag on our counter. I think that the Flag Counter is absolutely great and a fantastic addition to any website, but certainly could be improved.

As a Certified Amateur Radio Operator I receive many e-mails from overseas operators requesting me to visit their website so they could get a Wales flag on their counter, Unfortunately I am unable to do this as my country is not recognised on the flag counter.

There is a  a website we use as a search for other radio operators and on that site every Welsh operator has the Welsh flag on the top corner of the page, and so do the English have the St George's Cross and St Andrews flag for Scottish operators etc. Probably it would be easier for them to do  this because every radio callsign has a prefix that correspond to their country,

I'm sure the Flag Counter would find many more people using their counter if they were able to spend more time to find a way to develope the software to recognise the different Countries within the United Kingdom.
I am very proud of my Country and to be a Welsh speaker and feel very strongly that we deserve better and ask the developers of the Flag Counter to devote some time to put the flag of Wales on their list of Flags.
If this ever came to reality then the Flag Counter would become even better than it is now.

Please go to work and make us proud –  Diolch yn Fawr 

Last edited by radioman (August 17, 2010 11:14 pm)

August 19, 2010 2:20 pm  #7

There has been a suggestion (with much support) in the Flag Counter Pro forum to add regional flags for the UK for Pro users, and presumably Wales would be among these. There's been some debate about divisions and implementation, but last I heard it sounded like it might happen eventually.

Last edited by Kantayra (August 19, 2010 2:20 pm)

My Site: http://kantayra.livejournal.com/profile
Direct Link to My Counter: http://s05.flagcounter.com/count/tyUpD/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=2/maxflags=12/viewers=0/labels=1/
Most wanted: Bhutan, British Virgin Islands, Cape Verde, Cuba, Faroe Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kyrgyzstan, Mauritania, Turkmenistan
177 countries; 962 flags total

August 19, 2010 8:24 pm  #8

I live in Wales. I am very disappointed that the WELSH flag does not show.

We need to see FOUR flags for the United Kingdom.

ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES and NORTHERN IRELAND.

Please go to work and make us proud –  Diolch yn Fawr 

Last edited by roberthchase (August 20, 2010 10:48 pm)

I live in the United Kingdom.  But I live in Wales. The United Kingdom is four countries. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I would like to show that I am visiting from Wales. The official name of the UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. (Great Britain is just three countries)

August 20, 2010 10:26 pm  #9

-

Last edited by roberthchase (August 20, 2010 10:51 pm)

I live in the United Kingdom.  But I live in Wales. The United Kingdom is four countries. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I would like to show that I am visiting from Wales. The official name of the UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. (Great Britain is just three countries)

August 26, 2010 12:16 pm  #10

I've been to Wales only once but it was like four years ago... maybe it will be released when regional flags come out?

http://www.last.fm/user/incultojurgis
160 Countries. 221 Flags. And one mad flag collector.
Dream Flags Still Needed: Nauru, Tonga, Vanuatu, Moldova

Board footera

Flag Counter