Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2011 10:46 am  #1

What is the fun of asking for flags?

Can anyone explain to me why you would ask for flags, rather than just see them drip in? My page, and I'm not going to give the URL, has had 175 unique visitors from a 'mere' 36 countries, but at least these people visited it because they found it, not because I invited meaningless clicks just to get flags. No, the URL of my site is not in my profile.

April 16, 2011 12:03 pm  #2

Re: What is the fun of asking for flags?

yea, if somebody gives me new flag here, he has to look my last.fm profile also.

---------------------
Make the world AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH A better place ->
http://www.last.fm/user/Moxxxu RATE OR HATE
old school member of flag counter forum.

April 16, 2011 4:14 pm  #3

prino wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why you would ask for flags, rather than just see them drip in? My page, and I'm not going to give the URL, has had 175 unique visitors from a 'mere' 36 countries, but at least these people visited it because they found it, not because I invited meaningless clicks just to get flags. No, the URL of my site is not in my profile.

I only found your website because you posted here. Your newest flag at #36 is United Arab Emirates. Your most popular is Lithuania.
Your Flag Counter and URL can be found in 60 seconds. Maybe this is your way to get more than a "mere" 36. By pretending you don't want them ?

April 16, 2011 5:47 pm  #4

prino wrote:

+1 Canada!

Cool Summer Programs in Taiwan and China for Youth and Young Adults!
http://taiwanchinasummerprograms.blogspot.com/

April 16, 2011 5:50 pm  #5

prino wrote:

Just j/k.

I know what you mean. I notice how little actual "discussion" occurs on these forums. I've tried to initiate some threads through "interesting" thread topics, only to have folks reply with their (+1) replies.

Anyways - just letting you know I agree with your notion that there isn't much sense in drawing in flags just for the sake of the counter.  A successful webpage (irregardless of # of flags) is obviously a much greater attainment than having an artificially high hit count because of visitors who didn't actually look at the content of your site. 

But flags can be "fun" to collect (at least it's something to be done) so I guess that's why we're all here.

Last edited by TaiwanSummer (April 16, 2011 5:51 pm)

Cool Summer Programs in Taiwan and China for Youth and Young Adults!
http://taiwanchinasummerprograms.blogspot.com/

April 17, 2011 8:36 am  #6

+ 2 India

April 17, 2011 11:22 am  #7

himansu wrote:

+ 2 India

That is probably not the appropriate reply the initiator expected to that topic. It is worthwhile to read the topic header sometimes.

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

April 18, 2011 1:04 pm  #8

That's up to each one:

- Some want to know how many visitor come to their sites. (just like you).
- Others, want to get as  many visitors as posible to their sites. (Like me).
- Others, just want to get as much flags as posible in their flag counters, no matter if their sites were really visited at all.

Every one can do as they wish. As TaiwanSummer said, it is just for fun. So, live and let live.

April 18, 2011 5:28 pm  #9

Asking for flags it is a way to go back with the time machine. I remember when I had been a boy... "Please, give me a sticker of a player of FC Juventus I need for my collection and I offer a sticker of a kicker of AS Milan for yours!" 

April 27, 2011 4:19 am  #10

heh, i never asl latley if you know to get them by yourself why ask? 

█████████http://www.last.fm/user/markmaierody2 █████████ 

Board footera

Flag Counter