Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2009 11:09 am  #1

European Union counter (1) and drawing the results on the map (2)

1. You use European Union flag among the flags of the EU member states:

I like this flag being used, but at the moment it doesn't make sense. Because the number of EU counter is less than of its member states (it doesn't count the EU flags really).

So maybe you should add EU counter additionally to all the other EU member states flags. Then the number would be okay. And I believe it would be nice to see EU cuonter for many people.

2. It would be nice if it would also be possible to see the results on the map. Such method is used by Youtube. If you have a Youtube account, you might check your channels statistics. It plots the number of viewers on a map by taking the max number (per country) and scaling the colour into a number of tinges.

It is always more comfortable to view information in graphics.

So the counter could be like a tab with two windows, only one shown at a time.

October 13, 2009 2:21 pm  #2

Re: European Union counter (1) and drawing the results on the map (2)

I think the EU counter only counts the number of visits from Europe that has an unknown ISP, hence the name "Unknown - European Union"

But I like your 2nd suggestion, is a great idea

October 13, 2009 7:46 pm  #3

Grishend wrote:

I think the EU counter only counts the number of visits from Europe that has an unknown ISP, hence the name "Unknown - European Union"

I know. Anyway, then you view the counter, you see the flag and the number, which is wrong and does not represent any adequate information. 

In my opinion it would be both much more interesting and more meaningful to count the number of the visitors from EU itself.

Maybe EU flag could appear in front of all EU member states' flag(s) if there is at least one in the counter. And it could not to have a number of ranking, maybe something like '-'.

Or, if any visitors from EU have been counted in, EU flag could appear as additional one under the main counter, on the row where it says "XXX pageviews", on the right.

Well, I believe developer will find a solution by himself if he will only wish to. Simply I would like to see that counter being used (and being used adequately).

It would be also possible to allow users to choose to include EU flag or not in the section where it asks "Show country codes" while creating the counter.

And all the unknown viewers from Europe could be sumed up to all the other "unknown" or Europe could have a different flag. I.e. you could use olympic system: green (the tinge should differ from Libya's flag) for Europe, brown for Africa, yellow for Asia, etc.

Last edited by Opinion (October 13, 2009 7:49 pm)

December 8, 2009 7:41 pm  #4

I noticed that some EU flags are shown in my Flag counter list and some are not. 
It would be nice to show them all separately not only under the EU flag.

Last edited by Sonnet (December 8, 2009 7:47 pm)

A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your lips will not return.  ~Solomon~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Board footera

Flag Counter