Flag Counter » Forum

FLAG COUNTER FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2015 9:51 pm  #1

A fellow from Belize emailed back saying the flag images were too smal

I had a fellow from Belize email back saying the flags for the countries showing on the counter were too small. He had only seen what was on the counter image. I emailed him back the links to the pages on information about his country and to the details about his country's flag, showing his flag in a larger size. But that got me to thinking how it would be very cool if you could hover over the image on the counter of a particular flag and have a pop up show it in a larger size, with whatever other information someone from that country would like to see that we also are aware of? Kind of the way I saw something similar on one of the revolver globe counters.
>Hi,>>I visited your website.  The flags should have been a bit bigger.>>Best regards,>>John

July 10, 2015 2:50 am  #2

Re: A fellow from Belize emailed back saying the flag images were too smal

Hi intuitiveexplorer,

We do offer 3 sizes of flags for your counter, and it appears you are using the "small" size. 

If we were to offer any options that allow "hovering" over to reveal more information, it would require more than just using an image as we do now, and many people prefer the simplicity of just having an image to count their visitors.

Flag Counter Developer
Boardhost.com, Inc.

July 11, 2015 2:02 pm  #3

Thanks for letting me know Jeremy. Yes, I do like not having it too complicated. I went back to your home page, and saw the size options you refer to. To see if flag size was based on a single parameter I could tweak, I generated a counter with each flag size, and then compared the code. It didn't look like I could tweak for different flag sizes, that it was fixed at the initial size selected when the counter was first generated. Is that correct? If so, too bad there isn't a "flagsize=" parameter, to be set to say 0,1, or 2, or to s, m, l that would give me control over this after the fact. I'm reluctant to scrap the counter I already have, with it's number of views, and number of different countries visited, just to increase the flag size. But in looking at the code, and testing, I found I could control a number of other parameters, and made a list of them. Am I missing anything?

bg = background color (Hex)
txt = text color (Hex)
border = border color (Hex)
columns = # of columns (1 through 9)
maxflags = 1 through 238

viewers = 0 = Visitors
viewers = 1 = Viewers
viewers = custom single word or multiple words delineated by the "+" sign

labels = 0 = country codes OFF
labels = 1 = country codes ON

pageviews = 0 = pageviews display OFF
pageviews = 1 = pageviews display ON

This would be interesting information for all users to be aware of?

Last edited by intuitiveexplorer (July 11, 2015 3:01 pm)

July 11, 2015 5:38 pm  #4

The views expressed in this statement are in no way intended to represent the views of boardhost.com. The views are my own as moderator of this forum. Since 31 Dec 2016 I'm retired and no longer Moderator of this forum.

July 11, 2015 7:02 pm  #5

That did it Jens. Thank you. There's a lot to this when you explore all the nooks and crannies.

Board footera

Flag Counter